Sixers Trade for Tobias Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers Trade for Tobias Harris

Shamet, Chandler, Muscala, 2020 first AND 2021 Miami pick plus first rounders.

Boban and Mike Scott coming back...

Tobias Harris should've been an all-star this year but this is way too much.

Elton Brand's been working undercover for the Clippers this whole time.

Edit: Even with a plan to max out Tobias and Jimmy, still feels like the wrong move
    Last edited by ishimonster; 02-06-2019, 03:45 AM.

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

Edit: Even with a plan to max out Tobias and Jimmy, still feels like the wrong move
    Plus *second rounders

I don’t love the move, but we still have this summer’s pick and our own 2021. There was zero chance Elton was gonna nail the 22nd pick in the 2020 draft anyhow.
    Last edited by Ground_Meat; 02-06-2019, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I don't like moving shamet.

Comment

Dream Team!

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
          Dream Team!
          Thankfully dream teams actually win championships in the NBA.

See: the Warriors, Heat, Cavs

Much easier to do with 12 players instead of 53.

This acquisition gives them a great chance to win it all this year.

Boban is better than Muscala

Scott is only a slight drop off from Chandler

Shamet and the Heat first were the only two valuable pieces that were dealt. You generally need to give value to get value.

The Sixers plan to keep Simmons, Embiid, Butler, and Harris together long-term and, if they do, this will end up being considered a dynasty-making deal.

Boston is shitting bricks.
          Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-06-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
            Thankfully dream teams actually win championships in the NBA.

See: the Warriors, Heat, Cavs

Much easier to do with 12 players instead of 53.

This acquisition gives them a great chance to win it all this year.

Boban is better than Muscala

Scott is only a slight drop off from Chandler

Shamet and the Heat first were the only two valuable pieces that were dealt. You generally need to give value to get value.

The Sixers plan to keep Simmons, Embiid, Butler, and Harris together long-term and, if they do, this will end up being considered a dynasty-making deal.

Boston is shitting bricks.

Shocking post...

Comment

Just kinda sucks the energy right out of a thread.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

DIGGLE IS A SIXERS PHAN, AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT HOOPS.

WONDERING WHAT HIS TAKE IS ON IT.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Betcha they tried like hell to include James Harden in that deal instead of Shamet

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

Love this trade. Love it. Muscala sucks. Chandler is an injury waiting to happen. Shamet is nice but when he starts in an emergency he blows.

First round picks are meh. Tobias Harris is a legit scorer and can play defense. Scott is versatile and athletic. Boban is Boban. Second round picks can always be picked up and first round picks are a crap-shoot.

Sometimes you have to go for it and this is going for it.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Did you say

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      Love this trade. Love it. Muscala sucks. Chandler is an injury waiting to happen. Shamet is nice but when he starts in an emergency he blows.

First round picks are meh. Tobias Harris is a legit scorer and can play defense. Scott is versatile and athletic. Boban is Boban. Second round picks can always be picked up and first round picks are a crap-shoot.

Sometimes you have to go for it and this is going for it.
                      the trade is not so great and they sort of blew it?

Let’s stay with “How Anthony translates reading material” for $1,000, Alex.

Comment

Hate losing Shamet but everything else they gave up is meh. In the NBA, if it's not a top 5 pick it is probably not amounting to much. For every Shamet in the late first, there's 50 busts.

They're trying to win now.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Hate losing Shamet but everything else they gave up is meh. In the NBA, if it's not a top 5 pick it is probably not amounting to much. For every Shamet in the late first, there's 50 busts.

They're trying to win now.
                          Yup, I have no real problem with this trade. Plus, buyouts are coming. If they can get Wes Matthews and then if Fultz and Zhaire can come back then the bench doesn't look so sh!tty.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

My old man is a fan, and that's good enough for me. His opinion is they got a good player by trading pieces that were acquired for the purpose of trading for a good player. Sucks to lose Shamet, but it sucked to lose Vucevic back in the day, too, and that was for fucking Bynum.

My dad is also a fan of the center they're getting.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Screamin' A Smith and Max Kellerman are splooging about Jerry West keeping his young players, adding another one (Shamet), and clearing cap space to sign two max players in the Summer. They appear to like Muscala more than anyone here also.

On the other hand, they're complimenting the Sixers for only giving up first rounders that probably aren't top 5-10 anyway and not fucking up their cap space.

Kinda calling it a win win.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X