The NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA

I was frustrated last night too, but if I didn't know better, I'd think a lot of posters on here hadn't watched much NBA basketball until recently.

These guys play 82 pretty grueling games. Unlike the NFL, where not every player can run a 4.2 40, EVERY NBA player (even Ben Simmons) can shoot the lights out in an empty gym. That's the talent level across the board on every NBA team.

That's why even lottery picks end up in the G-League
    That's why it's a superstar league.
    That's why NBA teams routinely blow large leads.
    That's why the same team that wins in Golden State, might drop a home game the next week.

I apologize if this is too rational for 8:30 am.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Two observations from last night, Ben missed the rim twice from ten feet. You don't see that a lot. McHale called someone a 'dickhead' on a hot mic last night. Those announcers were brutal last night.

Comment

I WAS UPSET ALL NIGHT. GERMAN SHORTHAIR POINTER DIDN'T WIN SPORTING GROUP, DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL. OH WAIT, WRONG THREAD.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

They didn't play well. Harris stunk. It was a bad night.

That Players Only thing is kind of tough. The insight is nice and all but it's too clunky for me.

Comment

I deleted an entire diatribe -- suffice to say I think the NBA is just a little bit difficult to watch. Pace and game tempo change nightly based on personnel, opponent...not to mention NBA players being very emotional and affected by the crowd...it is unclear what you can expect night to night or even possession to possession.

And when people see the Sixers dominate a Laker team with Lebron James, they expect them to be able to overcome the moment, switch gears and assert themselves. When that does not happen it is sickening.
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Yeah but only Cleveland has a worse record against Toronto, Milwaukee and Boston than the Sixers do. They are defying all logic here and it's troubling to say the least.

Comment

I get it. Sure, it's sickening, but it shouldn't be totally unexpected. Happens every night in the NBA. That's my only point.

You're right that there are a lot of outside influences that effect how the players play on a given night. The season is probably too long.

Comment

Defying what logic? That maybe they've only been the 4th best team in the East? Well, that's what they've been.

The roster has changed dramatically over the last month so I'm not putting a lot of stock in what happened early in the season. Beat GS on the road, lose at home to Boston. That's the NBA.

Comment

the sixers will never win a title or beat the better teams if Ben Simmons doesn't start taking shots from 12 feet. Period.

Get his ass outta here if he won't develop that element of his game. I'm serious. I'm done.

Comment

It's over dude. Rebuild starts in June.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                      the sixers will never win a title or beat the better teams if Ben Simmons doesn't start taking shots from 12 feet. Period.

Get his ass outta here if he won't develop that element of his game. I'm serious. I'm done.
                      Serious question: do you watch the Sixers? Where do you get the idea that he “won’t develop that element of his game?” He’s taken a bunch of midrange shots over the last few games. It’s obviously something he’s working on.

Also, Ben Simmons has played 1.5 years of NBA basketball. He’s young. He’s an extremely valuable offensive player even without a shot. He’s not going to do anything but get better. Give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                        It's over dude. Rebuild starts in June.
                        LOL....Ohhhhhh Nooooooo
                        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I think the hoopla over his jump shot is a bit overblown, but I know I am in the minority there.

I'm pretty confident he will develop that shot. Mostly because he knows he has too. Unfortunately for us, that will probably be with the Lakers haha.

Comment

i watch almost every one. Simmons has done nothing to elevate his game. do you not see teams pack it in and dare him to shoot and he never does?

he was jacking up jumpers all summer supposedly. prove it. he's exactly the same he was last year. that limits the offense's capabilities. they know he's not a threat from 10 feet and out so why bother defending him.

there's a reason we beat up on the sister's of the poor and get worked by the better teams.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-14-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X