Speaking of NFL quarterbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of NFL quarterbacks

or, more precisely, an ex-NFL QB ... notwithstanding his objectionable pedigree, Romo was pretty fucking good yesterday.

He was predicting shit on the fly based on reads of offensive and defensive alignments repeatedly ... particularly down the stretch.

He's become one of the few guys that have me leaving the sound on when I watch.
    Last edited by slag; 01-21-2019, 05:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I can handle him better...

...than Joe Suck and Acheman
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

He reads plays and actually analyzes, often telling me details about which I otherwise would have no clue ... as opposed to the "no shit Sherlock" crap that most of the other guys say like "they need to get pressure on the QB here" etc.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that he doesn't do some of that shit, but its not all he does.
      Last edited by slag; 01-21-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

At times he sounds as if he genuinely

Originally posted by slag View Post
        He reads plays and actually analyzes, often telling me details about which I otherwise would have no clue ... as opposed to the "no shit Sherlock" crap that most of the other guys say like "they need to get pressure on the QB here" etc.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that he doesn't do some of that shit, but its not all he does.
        ....is having fun and enjoying his job.

Like you said, not the obvious crap or the snotty “I know more than you do” so dominate in the Collinsworth approach.

I haven’t checked but who is doing the SB?
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Nobody has been better

Originally posted by slag View Post
          or, more precisely, an ex-NFL QB ... notwithstanding his objectionable pedigree, Romo was pretty fucking good yesterday.

He was predicting shit on the fly based on reads of offensive and defensive alignments repeatedly ... particularly down the stretch.

He's become one of the few guys that have me leaving the sound on when I watch.
          at calling out situational football for games like Romo. Great football knowledge but couldn’t deliver on the field so I have no problems with him.
          Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-21-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

You're all wet there Queenie

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            at calling out situational football for games like Romo. Great football knowledge but couldn’t deliver on the field so I have no problems with him.
            As an Igglephan, shame on you!

Way back, Tommy Brookshier did color with Pat Summerall. Tommy practically called every play before the snap. CBS was not amused and changed him to play by play.

You were, however, spot on with the "could not deliver on the field" comment.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

he would be a pretty good DC as he is almost always right on what the play is.. Someone should hire the dude - would be better than Schwartz

Comment

I just checked ... Nance and Romo

Comment

The best crew ever. Good call.

He didn’t deliver on the field and that is very endearing to me. I will always be grateful for that.

Speaking of... I really need to donate to the Go Fund Me page to keep Jerry Jones alive forever.

Comment

I wish he'd let the game breathe a bit. I like him more than I care to admit but he needs to learn when to stop talking.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He definitely knows the game.

I would say he needs to let up on his sound effects, but I think that's his trademark at this point. He's always like "OOOOO hohoho!"

Comment

To poop on

Comment

💯

Comment

They all do too much of that.

But, for me, he says something worth hearing enough times to make wading through that shit more tolerable.

Comment

He should have used these talents to read defenses when he was playing.
                              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                              X