No announcement yet.

Confidential to Slizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've rooted for the Pats almost every time they've been in the SB. I rooted particularly hard for them in 03, 07, and 11. 03 because I despise the Panthers, and imo, any real Eagles fan would never root for the Giants in the SB. Even in 2016 I didn't want to see the worst sports city ever win an SB.

This year...eh. I don't hate the Pats the way other people do. But of the 4 possible matchups from championship weekend, this is the one that I least wanted to see. I have no real rooting interest and the QB matchup isn't that exciting. A lot of people on this bored seem to have a problem with McVay, but at this point you can't deny that he's a great coach.

If the Pats win that absolves last years SB defeat for them. If the Rams win, we retain bragging rights. So I guess based on that I'd like to see the Rams win. I don't feel too strongly about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      You seriously think some lukewarm bullshit by an owner to show how down he is with his players' social awareness issues so he can play both sides of the fence is something Trump gives a fuck about?
      Absolutely.

Comment

Really?

Then explain Kraft's statement and how Trump doesn't give a fuck about that.
        Last edited by slag; 02-02-2019, 11:03 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't know. Maybe he did care, but not enough to jeopardize his apparent friendship with Kraft, Belichick, and Brady. Considering all of the bullshit he's tweeted about the NFL, I do think he gives a shit about what owners say.

Comment

I don't disagree with the notion that Trump has a more chronicled relationship with some of the principles on the Pats.

I simply do not think, if you don't like Trump, that Kroenke, who is as big a monetary Trump-supporter, is made more attractive as an owner for whom to root, based on the notion that him making a perhaps less-critical statement than Kraft made renders him more hated by Trump.
            Last edited by slag; 02-02-2019, 12:17 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It's more of the fact that Trump feels the need to brag about his endorsement from Belichick for no reason, and will without a doubt say some irrelevant shit about how the Eagles didn't visit the White House if the Pats win.

Like a 7 year old's belief in Santa, my rooting interests in this game remain marginal. Kroenke is no saint but for one reason or another Trump hasn't congratulated him or bragged about their friendship. That makes me slightly favor the Rams in a game that I wouldn't have otherwise cared about at all.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 02-02-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I'll entertain calling him a "great" coach if he wins tomorrow. Doug may not even be a "great" coach and he has a Lombardi and is 2-0 against McVey.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                X