Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, the NFL is in trouble. Nobody watches it anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the NFL is in trouble. Nobody watches it anymore.

Green Bay's recently released financial report indicates that each team received $255 million in shared national revenue this past year.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Haha truly amazing how clueless the sheeple are in this Country.. sad really.

Comment

They slipped a little.....but they are head and shoulders

Above any of the other big sports who would sell thier mothers for their ratings.

Whole thing is overblown.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I don't think it is actually ... ratings are down 17 percent since 2015 and current revenue sharing numbers I'm pretty sure are predominantly accounted for from old TV contracts.

Said it before and I'll say it again ... boxing was the untouchable king once ... where's that shit now?

But we'll see ... maybe legalized gambling and fantasy football will reverse the trend.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          But we'll see ... maybe legalized gambling and fantasy football will reverse the trend.
          Could be - but I think everyone that gambles already does.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            Above any of the other big sports who would sell thier mothers for their ratings.

Whole thing is overblown.
            Record revenue in 2017.

https://deadspin.com/all-the-controv...nue-1827646752
            --------

Comment

So ya think there will be no new gamblers coming into the mix going forward from today?

EDITED TO ADD: Particularly when more states follow DE and NJ in legalizing it?
              Last edited by slag; 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Not enough that would seriously impact NFL ratings.

The Venn diagram of people who don't gamble now and would watch more of the NFL if they would have (more) access to gambling can't be that high. I think most of those people who would increase their habits of NFL watching already do via bovada, bookies and DFS.

Maybe you're right, but the NBA has known for a while that there's a massive black or gray market for gambling and have wanted to capitalize on it for a while. Silver is eating Goodell's lunch on that angle.

Comment

I don't think it is actually ... ratings are down 17 percent since 2015 and current revenue sharing numbers I'm pretty sure are predominantly accounted for from old TV contracts.

Said it before and I'll say it again ... boxing was the untouchable king once ... where's that shit now?

There is no denying NFL ratings are down, but I believe this is a result of more entertainment options being available.

https://deadspin.com/for-the-last-ti...-up-1827378925

World Cup ratings were way down this year, despite what I thought were some entertaining story lines.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ox-win-1127309

It might be wise if the NFL kept ticket prices in a range where families could attend. If you don't have people taking their kids to a game, when the kids grow up they aren't going to be the next generation of fans.
                  --------

Comment

It's pretty obvious why World Cup ratings were down in the US

Comment

Not for the final.
                      --------

Comment

PS I stand by my point that NFL TV ratings are down because TV ratings overall are down. I believe the league is still popular.

Hey, take a look at NASCAR ratings!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davecal.../#55591a181df5
                        --------

Comment

TV ratings are down in general.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/26/med...rks/index.html

http://adage.com/article/media/ratings-slum/311777/
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Where else can you watch NFL football on Sunday?

You think ratings down for network entertainment is apples to apples?

Comment

The final clung to the shit-stained coat tails of the earlier matches with no US component.

Comment

Working...
                              X