No announcement yet.

Donovan Mcnabb in hindsight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got the numbers ... numbers don't lie.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Yes, that's true, and he's dislikable for his DUI's and Me Too issues and his mom whining etc.

But the fact remains that we're all forgetting that he was really fucking good, particularly early, and the season they got there he had Owens.

And I'm totally convinced if he had an Owens earlier, this thread doesn't happen.
      I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MCNABB. ABOVE AVG, BUT NOT WAY ABOVE AVG. BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS NOT GIVING HIM THE SURROUNDING CAST TO HELP HIM OUT, AND WELL FF CALLING STUPID SHIT WHEN IMPORTANT TIMES OF THE GAME NEEDED A GOOD PLAY CALL.

AND FRANKLY WHO CARES REALLY, SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABEEE.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

People may strongly disagree, but Banner, Reid and McNabb deserve credit for laying down the stability we see today.

Comment

I knew this thread would be gold as soon as I saw it.

McNabb had about 5 years where he was a top QB in the league. Won a lot of playoff games but lost all but one of the most important. If his number hadn't yet been retired, you would certainly have to retire 9 before you retired 5 at this point.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            Get the fuck out of here. No seriously. Time out. In the corner!
            Just stating the facts. Prior to 2017, McNabb and Dawkins were the leaders of the best Eagles area in the modern NFL. And they didn't win anything.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

But mcnabb had more wins and stuff than all the other legendary Eagles qbs... LOL He was amazing for 5 years and he just couldn't put them over the top.
              Last edited by Greenstealth; 07-05-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                Just stating the facts. Prior to 2017, McNabb and Dawkins were the leaders of the best Eagles area in the modern NFL. And they didn't win anything.
                Fair point actually. 3 out of the 5 most painful playoff losses the defense didn't get the job done. McNabb takes a lot of the blame not just because he was the QB but also because of his personality that rubbed fans the wrong way for years.

Comment

i agree with all of this, and cite it when people say stupid shit about mcnabb sucking or being a choker. hell, some guy on here said we needed more players like freddie mitchell instead of mcnabb.

i just think number retirement is reserved for HOF players. mcnabb was great for 5 years. he was average/slightly above average for 5 more years. his last two playoff wins were thanks to the defense. very good QB, but i think someone else could wear his number.

Comment

Definitely didn’t deserve a retired number

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                    It’s time we fix this error. This area should be forgotten. It’s time the front office corrects their mistake and un-retire #5. This is a solid number that our punter should always wear. In place of 5, #9 must be retired immediately while BDN is still gracing us with his presence.

Mr. Foles did what Mcnabb could NEVER do despite having multiple Hall of Famers carrying his out of shape ass.
                    He was a great talent, but he didn’t put a ton of work into it, except for bench pressing. He was/is a passive aggressive nipple to boot. I think all the vomiting he did was a result of being hungover.

Comment

Out of all those playoff wins

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      I knew this thread would be gold as soon as I saw it.

McNabb had about 5 years where he was a top QB in the league. Won a lot of playoff games but lost all but one of the most important. If his number hadn't yet been retired, you would certainly have to retire 9 before you retired 5 at this point.
                      Which game did he put the team on his shoulder? Maybe the Bears game in 2002? He had many opportunities to be a hero.

Comment

Not only was he not a leader on the field, but he also managed to push away the guy who almost got him over the hump. All this while making us believe he wouldn't be a drunk-driving me tooer one day.

Jersey retirement fail.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

None that I can think of off the top of my head. That said, for that 5 year stretch, he was fantastic - except in the biggest game of the year.

He was the benefit of timing as others have said. I fully expect Wentz to go down as the Eagles GOAT at QB (in the Super Bowl era) when all is said and done. Right now, and I feel strongly about this, it's Foles. So DMac, at best, has claim to #3. I guess there are franchises out there that have their 3rd best QB's number retired, but probably not a ton.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He was a very good QB (if not necessarily the best human being), and he accomplished a lot. I will always appreciate the success that came with his playing days, and I wish him no ill will. That said, I thought retiring his number was a little hasty.

Comment

When the chicken retires he's definitely replacement options 1,2 & e

Comment

Yes we do. Its been five years since the last of that crew left and what they left behind was a stinkin rotting carcass of a franchise. Hell, Chip did more to get this franchise where its at then any of that three, No Howie, Joe and Doug get all the credit.
                                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                                X