A New Yorker is telling Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Yorker is telling Philadelphia

...that their team, the Eagles, has abandoned them. Take Trump out of it. A New Fucking Yorker is telling us how to feel about our team. Unacceptable Bullshit.

slag is correct. This is all about the USFL lawsuit. It isn't even politics. It's him still being burned by the $3 damages.
    DB

If I'm not mistaken, it was his ego that sunk that league in the first place. He was convinced that they could go head to head with the NFL in the fall. Forget that the NFL had all the networks wrapped up. I always thought it was a big win for them that they got players like Flutie, Jim Kelly, Reggie White, Bryant, Anthony Carter, and Bobby Hebert to play for their teams while it was a spring league. They had a TV contract with ABC I think in the spring. I was stationed in Japan the first season it existed and a colleague of mine who was from Philly got his dad to send him tapes of those first Philly games. I then got stationed in Montgomery Alabama and went to see the Birmingham Stallions play a few times.

Comment

a) oh yeah ... it's politics

b) nobody with half a brain is falling for his self-serving bullshit mischaracterization about the fans any more than they believe ... oh ... say ... Redskin is a term of respect

EDITED TO ADD: it's not only playing to his base ... but it's a substantial part of the equation IMO
      Last edited by slag; 06-05-2018, 09:54 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        a) oh yeah ... it's politics

b) nobody with half a brain is falling for his self-serving bullshit mischaracterization about the fans any more than they believe ... oh ... say ... Redskin is a term of respect

EDITED TO ADD: it's not only playing to his base ... but it's a substantial part of the equation IMO
        Agree with Slag. This is pure politics. Trump doesn't give a shit about the flag. Just changing the subject and appealing to his base.

It is sad how low our country has sunk.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

. I CAN'T REMEMBER ANY ONE IN PUBLIC OFFICE, LET ALONE THE PRESIDENT, I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH A LITTLE, THAT IS SO DETERMINED TO DIVIDE THAN BRING TOGETHER. HE IS SUCH A CHILD. TOTAL SPOILED SILVER SPOON JERKOFF.

TRYING TO START SHIT BETWEEN MY SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS AND ME, OUR CHAMPIONS AND US? HE'S SO JEALOUS NO ONE EVER LOVED HIM THE WAY WE LOVE OUR IGGLES. HE KNOWS NOTHING BUT HATE AND DIVIDE. I ACTUALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE SONOFABATCH.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
          X