• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones is essentially a KKK Grand Dragon

nt

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
    nt
    In a shocking development, management cares little for labor outside of a nice photo-op.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Seems like everybody else in the league is handling all this okay without a racist meltdown like the Dallas owner.

Comment

he Looks like Steve Bannon's

Vestigial Twin,,,
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Seems like everybody else in the league is handling all this okay without a racist meltdown like the Dallas owner.
          Let's see what happens after the Fall Meetings. The unity photo-op is over. It's back to management vs. players.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Is the league really losing money over this?

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            Let's see what happens after the Fall Meetings. The unity photo-op is over. It's back to management vs. players.
            otherwise, it just seems like a dumb hill to die on.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              10% decline in TV ratings over the course of the year is expected to cost the NFL 200 million in revenue. Regardless of where you fall on this debate, the bottom line is money. It would be naive to think Jerry didn't have a discussion with his players prior to announcing this and get them to buy in with some sir tot trade off like donation to their cause or lending the Cowboy name to their cause.

All the polls indicate the majority disagree with the protests so it is bound to have a financial impact.

Comment

Wrong again!

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-tea...145918383.html
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  Whether they're losing money due to this or not, they seem to be losing money so why not make this the scapegoat.

And if I've learned anything about the NFL in my years of watching, they HATE change and non-conformity regardless of the form it comes in.

I know I'm just a bleeding heart pinko commie libtard, but this is far from the reason I watch less football.

Who actually watches a game because of the national anthem? I mean, other than to bet on it during the Super Bowl.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Right, the NFL is going down the drain because of this

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
                    10% decline in TV ratings over the course of the year is expected to cost the NFL 200 million in revenue. Regardless of where you fall on this debate, the bottom line is money. It would be naive to think Jerry didn't have a discussion with his players prior to announcing this and get them to buy in with some sir tot trade off like donation to their cause or lending the Cowboy name to their cause.

All the polls indicate the majority disagree with the protests so it is bound to have a financial impact.
                    Polls schmolls, this doesn’t hurt the league one bit. Sure, all those NASCAR fans parading around on their high horse (trailer?) saying “l ain’t never gonna be watchin no football no more” are going kill the bottom line.

Fuck all these flag waving assholes that just don’t have a clue what’s going on. A few players wanted to bring attention to the fact that cops are murdering citizens (mainly black, but also white), but then The Orange Cumstain hijacked the whole discussion (hey, it beats talking about Russian collusion) and the idiot Trumptards took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Even the sports media fell for this crap. Now the announcers report on who knelt and who did not, giving it more mportance than the game itself. The simple solution is just focus the camera on whoever is singing the anthem and then get on with the game. Enough already with this distraction.
                    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                      Polls schmolls, this doesn’t hurt the league one bit. Sure, all those NASCAR fans parading around on their high horse (trailer?) saying “l ain’t never gonna be watchin no football no more” are going kill the bottom line.

Fuck all these flag waving assholes that just don’t have a clue what’s going on. A few players wanted to bring attention to the fact that cops are murdering citizens (mainly black, but also white), but then The Orange Cumstain hijacked the whole discussion (hey, it beats talking about Russian collusion) and the idiot Trumptards took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Even the sports media fell for this crap. Now the announcers report on who knelt and who did not, giving it more mportance than the game itself. The simple solution is just focus the camera on whoever is singing the anthem and then get on with the game. Enough already with this distraction.
                      Typical, you espouse how great you are by pointing out your opinion of others. Tough internet guy saying I am better than those obviously racist people who dare think differently than me. I don't need proof or facts as long as I say it then it must be true. You can't judge the world or country through your narrow minded thoughts. There is a reason why there is no discussion on "cops murdering citizens" because it has simply been proven as inaccurate. When you remove the news headlines, cooler conversations and sensationalist protest, the facts do not support the protest. There have been studies that suggest sentencing guideline and the introduction to the criminal justice system may have some bias worth further research but cops are not murdering citizens and/or specifically black males.

I am sure your typical response will be some blowhard bs that makes you feel better. Maybe you should take the path that is not easy, the one that demonstrates you are not part of the problem but a leader of change. Meaningful conversation, active listening and the propensity to change. If thats not the case support your position with factual data to at least make you appear more than your typical internet troll. Here is a report to read to support what I typed here.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

With the excerpt to make it easy for you:

VI. Conclusion
                      The issue of police violence and its racial incidence has become one of the most divisive topics in American discourse. Emotions run the gamut from outrage to indifference. Yet, very little data exists to understand whether racial disparities in police use of force exist or might be explained by situational factors inherent in the complexity of police-civilian interactions. Beyond the lack of data, the analysis of police behavior is fraught with difficulty including, but not limited to, the reliability of the data that does exist and the fact that one cannot randomly assign race.

Comment

exactly

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post

I know I'm just a bleeding heart pinko commie libtard, but this is far from the reason I watch less football.

Who actually watches a game because of the national anthem? I mean, other than to bet on it during the Super Bowl.
                        But if these guys are businessmen and I've been told they are, who cares about a scapegoat when they just want to stop the bleeding and grow the business? Sure a rogue Jerruh or pissed off mini-foreskin might do something dumb, but as a group, it just seems like a waste of time and effort and only negatively affecting (at least some) fans.

In terms of non-eagles football, my consumption has gone down significantly.
                        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 10-11-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

NFL football has bigger issues regarding its product than the anthem controversy ... but WTF does watching the game to see the national anthem have to do with fans not watching the NFL because they perceive the players as assholes for disrespecting it?

Did you actually think anyone is suggesting the alleged anthem issue drop was due to people eschewing the NFL because it's ruining their anthem watching experience?
                          Last edited by slag; 10-11-2017, 12:20 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
                            Typical, you espouse how great you are by pointing out your opinion of others. Tough internet guy saying I am better than those obviously racist people who dare think differently than me. I don't need proof or facts as long as I say it then it must be true. You can't judge the world or country through your narrow minded thoughts. There is a reason why there is no discussion on "cops murdering citizens" because it has simply been proven as inaccurate. When you remove the news headlines, cooler conversations and sensationalist protest, the facts do not support the protest. There have been studies that suggest sentencing guideline and the introduction to the criminal justice system may have some bias worth further research but cops are not murdering citizens and/or specifically black males.

I am sure your typical response will be some blowhard bs that makes you feel better. Maybe you should take the path that is not easy, the one that demonstrates you are not part of the problem but a leader of change. Meaningful conversation, active listening and the propensity to change. If thats not the case support your position with factual data to at least make you appear more than your typical internet troll. Here is a report to read to support what I typed here.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

With the excerpt to make it easy for you:

VI. Conclusion
                            The issue of police violence and its racial incidence has become one of the most divisive topics in American discourse. Emotions run the gamut from outrage to indifference. Yet, very little data exists to understand whether racial disparities in police use of force exist or might be explained by situational factors inherent in the complexity of police-civilian interactions. Beyond the lack of data, the analysis of police behavior is fraught with difficulty including, but not limited to, the reliability of the data that does exist and the fact that one cannot randomly assign race.
                            This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities.

You missed a VERY important point from your own link.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                              This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities.

You missed a VERY important point from your own link.
                              Did not miss a very important point. Here is a quote form my original post: "There have been studies that suggest sentencing guideline and the introduction to the criminal justice system may have some bias worth further research but cops are not murdering citizens and/or specifically black males." I was referencing his comment about cops murdering black males. I acknowledge more research and work needs to be done in other areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X