Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden State

I can't imagine anyone else is going to win an NBA title for the next few years. They now have four starters who played together on Team USA and Klay Thompson to round it out.

I don't think it is hyperbole to say that the 2018/19 Warrior should be trotting out the best starting lineup in NBA history.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    I can't imagine anyone else is going to win an NBA title for the next few years. They now have four starters who played together on Team USA and Klay Thompson to round it out.

I don't think it is hyperbole to say that the 2018/19 Warrior should be trotting out the best starting lineup in NBA history.
    Dream Team, Baby...minus Vince Young. Last year’s Warrior team proved a championship is possible with a dream team, don’t know whether to applaud what they’ve done, or curse out the NBA for allowing it.

Comment

Jason Taytum

Comment

Forgot about him. We should tank again until he has a son.

Comment

and they'll be able to sign both klay and draymond to max deals after this season?

they're just gonna be the bulls of this decade.

Comment

WHAT TEAM COULD POSSIBLY COME EVEN CLOSE TO BEATING THEM? THEY KEEP ADDING PLAYMAKERS.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              WHAT TEAM COULD POSSIBLY COME EVEN CLOSE TO BEATING THEM? THEY KEEP ADDING PLAYMAKERS.
              It’s the old adage, DSG, only themselves can beat them.

Comment

Good thing Adam Silver is focused on the real issue at hand with the NBA...tanking.

Comment

Yup. At least with the Bulls you could pray that Jordan got the flu or something. You could take Durant or Steph off this team and they would still likely win the title. Doesn't matter. That's nuts.

Comment

I just saw a tweet which reminded me that Stern once blocked that Chris Paul trade because he thought it would make the Lakers too good. How the times have changed.

It doesn't bother me all that much. I'll watch regardless. I'm mostly annoyed that all the good non-Sixers basketball is going to be out West and I can never stay up to watch haha.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-03-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I just saw a tweet which reminded me that Stern once blocked that Chris Paul trade because he thought it would make the Lakers too good. How the times have changed.

It doesn't bother me all that much. I'll watch regardless. I'm mostly annoyed that all the good non-Sixers basketball is going to be out West and I can never stay up to watch haha.
                      And people want to question the longevity of the NFL. The NBA is a joke.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

You need to take a look at a few championship rosters from back in the day.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Perhaps from pre-1980, but not after. Celtics, Showtime Lakers, Bad Boys, Bulls, Spurs, Kobe-Shaq Lakers. I honestly can't think of a better roster. There are a few that give me pause. It's certainly debatable.

EDIT - I'll defer to you old farts on the Russell Celtics and those teams.

EDIT AGAIN - Ok, maybe the '87-'88 Lakers was better. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green. That's pretty good haha.
                          Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-03-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Deleted ... didn't see your edit ... EDITED TO ADD: On the Lakers ... ya think?
                            Last edited by slag; 07-03-2018, 02:13 PM.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Whoa buddy...

Perhaps from pre-1980, but not after. Celtics, Showtime Lakers, Bad Boys, Bulls, Spurs, Kobe-Shaq Lakers. I honestly can't think of a better roster. There are a few that give me pause. It's certainly debatable.

EDIT - I'll defer to you old farts on the Russell Celtics and those teams.

EDIT AGAIN - Ok, maybe the '87-'88 Lakers was better. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green. That's pretty good haha.
                              Don’t forget Flynn, Harris, Onuaku, Rautins, Devendorf...
                              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Working...
                              X