Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor is that the Sixers have already made an offer for Leonard

http://www.phillyvoice.com/nba-rumor....co/hw1OQAyByw

Interesting...1-year rental on a guy that you’re not even sure is healthy.

Just a trade chip...

Gonna package Leonard and the unprotected 1st round pick to Boston for Jayson Tatum
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Haaaaaa!!!!

Comment

They can't compete with Boston who is loaded with trade chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
          They can't compete with Boston who is loaded with trade chips.
          Kind of. For Boston to fit Kawhi and his $20 mill contract, they'd have to match salaries.

That means their options are:

1) Trade Kyrie in deal. He has a player option after this season and has been vocal about the fact he wants to hit FA, so San An trades one star who will leave for another who might? Doubtful

2) Trade Horford in deal. He can opt out after this year too plus, he's 33 years old and redundant with Aldridge already on the team. Doubtful.

3) Trade Hayward in deal. Good and a young enough, but doubtful that Stevens wants to move his boy. Also the question of just how much of his former self is he after returning from injury.

4) Trade Brown, Marcus Morris, Rozier and like everyone else on their roster plus picks. Brown and the SAC or MEM picks would be the prizes here as Morris is just a guy, Scary Terry is (IMHO) a flash in the pan (plus SA loves Dejounte Murray) and the rest of the guys are just guys. Plus on Boston's end, your starting 5 is great, but bench is non-existent.

5) Includes Tatum and Brown both in the trade, but you'd still have to include Morris and more salary to make it work. Boston would keep their future 1sts from MEM and SAC here, but hard to see them trading both young guys.

Is it possible Boston gets a trade done for Kawhi? Sure. Do they have (on paper) a lot of pieces to move for a star? Yup. But, matching salaries is going to make it more difficult for both sides whereas the Sixers, with their close to max space, could just absorb him.

Let's not forget, there's no assurances for either BOS or PHI that after they move these good, young pieces for Kawhi that he's resigning after this year either. With the way his circle has acted towards the most respected franchise in the modern NBA, I dont expect him to do anything but "what he wants" which is be back in LA.

My hope at this point is that San An gouges the Lakers and Magic is forced to give up Ingram, Kuzma and Ball to get Kawhi and pair him with LeBron. Roll with our young guys, let them grow and then try to take a shot at Klay next year in FA.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

It wouldn't shock me if nobody ended up in LA this year.

Comment

You wouldn't think that PG13 would make a 3-part series for ESPN just to finish it with "I'm turning down the bright lights of Hollywood to stay in Oklahoma!" but the Woj/Windhorst report made it sound like the "pressure" to get Kawhi in purple and gold is because the Lakers think George is staying put. Woj specifically mentions how the Lakers are looking to add 1st rounders to flip to San An and are willing to take on salary dumps to do it, saving space for just 1 max deal (LeBron).

We'll see what happens but there's just so much smoke in the Bron and PG to LA stories for there not to be fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                You wouldn't think that PG13 would make a 3-part series for ESPN just to finish it with "I'm turning down the bright lights of Hollywood to stay in Oklahoma!" but the Woj/Windhorst report made it sound like the "pressure" to get Kawhi in purple and gold is because the Lakers think George is staying put. Woj specifically mentions how the Lakers are looking to add 1st rounders to flip to San An and are willing to take on salary dumps to do it, saving space for just 1 max deal (LeBron).

We'll see what happens but there's just so much smoke in the Bron and PG to LA stories for there not to be fire.
                The smoke is created by the media, who desperately want LeBron in purple and gold. It's not happening.

Kawhi and LeBron will be joining the Sixers within the next two weeks.

Comment

What I hate about most of these reports are their NY/LA bias. Everybody wants to play in these two cities...until they don't. These reports are typically bogus just to get ratings, views, etc,. I get it. I just try not to put too much stock in these 'insiders' who only seem to be speculating just like us.

If LeBron and PG go to LA, they're the third best team in the West (maybe the second best if they can bring in another player). LeBron would most likely face Houston and Golden State in order to make it to the Finals against a Boston team that will be better the second time around.

At this point, I'm just going to wait it out. I still would rather see one more year of Fultz and go from there. They have time. Maybe Simmons will even start to develop a shot while we're at it. They aren't winning anything significant with just Leonard so why bother? I'm not even sure he's worth the headache at this point. Golden State would still destroy this team in a series. I'm not sure I like them trying to rush to become 'competitive' while these superteams are around.

Comment

Don't Do It

I just don't like the idea of possibly trading away Fultz, Saric or other young players for someone who has said he wants to play in L.A. and we don't even know if he's healthy and he has his head on straight.

Comment

https://es.pn/2lHmVS4

He’s going to LA

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

He’s going to LA
                        How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

He’s going to LA
                          He was always going to opt out, whether he decides to stay or go. Opting in means he's back on a 1 year deal for like $20 mill. Opting out means he can sign a multi-year deal for $30 mill or even another 1 year deal but at $10 mill more than what the opt in paid him.

Comment

Working...
                          X