IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 02-11-2015, 03:33 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "I think it's pretty simple. If Foles..."
CCPete
designated jagoff

The team will be destroyed trying to find a QB that fits into Chip's system rather than trying to build a strong defensive unit that can compete at the highest level.

How far into the crapper will we go before we realize that it isn't the missing QB. ITS THE SYSTEM.
CCPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2015, 04:21 PM  
Posted in reply to CCPete's post starting "The team will be destroyed trying to..."
Sect 236

Interesting fact from Bleeding Green:

Quote:
@BrandonGowton: Nick Foles threw 5 of his 10 interceptions in 2014 on plays where he wasn’t under pressure. 9 of 10 came when he wasn’t blitzed.
That seems like a QB problem, not a system problem, but then again, I don't have an anti-Chip shtick.
Sect 236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2015, 05:35 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Interesting fact from Bleeding Green: ..."
CCPete
designated jagoff

Foles is a good and smart QB. Are we just going to ignore the 2013 season? If Foles isn't good enough to run Chip's system and we go on a never ending search for the perfect QB to run it, I think it's fair to question that system.

Am I anti-chip? Yes. But you are ALL-IN with Chip. I see little difference if we are both at extremes.
Unread 02-11-2015, 05:57 PM  
Posted in reply to CCPete's post starting "Foles is a good and smart QB. Are we..."
Sect 236

I'm all in because we have to be. He's 20-12 as the coach and he's the football czar with all the power. No point in not being all in right now, cause he's not going anywhere. However, the difference is, I will admit when he's at fault (cutting DeSean, not using Polk at the goal etc) you don't admit when he's done something positive.

As far as Foles, 2013 is the only reason I'm ok with giving him next year to hopefully normalize. Without 2013, you look at last season and say "that's not the guy." If Foles tightens up his game, I believe he can succeed and that Chip can put him in the position to succeed. If Foles plays scared and stupid, it doesn't matter who the coach or what the system is.

Last edited by Sect 236; 02-11-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Unread 02-11-2015, 06:10 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "I'm all in because we have to be. He's..."
CCPete
designated jagoff

I have noted positive moves. Especially, Sproles.
Unread 03-11-2018, 01:33 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "Hard to find those stats. In 2013,..."
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

Another classic.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2018, 05:32 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "Kelly wants the best players and he'll..."
Greenstealth

Default Nice bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
Kelly wants the best players and he'll work the system around them. He has been fairly consistent in saying that, but in his own words.
Lol
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2018, 07:33 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post "Nice bump"
Drama Queen

Default You got “Gaybacked”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
Lol
Not really my intention though. It was more about “oh look at me backing Foles then”.

That’s called pat back in a gayback.
Unread 03-11-2018, 07:37 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "Another classic."
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Another classic.
What's classic about this? All Foles did was lose after one season until Pedey resurrected him. Chump was right to switch but got another misfit. Foles is obviously an outstanding backup in the right situation but I wouldnt trust to him carry a team.
Unread 03-11-2018, 08:34 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "I'm all in because we have to be. He's..."
JuTMSY4

Default this is the ultimate take on the team in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect 236 View Post
I'm all in because we have to be. He's 20-12 as the coach and he's the football czar with all the power. No point in not being all in right now, cause he's not going anywhere. However, the difference is, I will admit when he's at fault (cutting DeSean, not using Polk at the goal etc) you don't admit when he's done something positive.

As far as Foles, 2013 is the only reason I'm ok with giving him next year to hopefully normalize. Without 2013, you look at last season and say "that's not the guy." If Foles tightens up his game, I believe he can succeed and that Chip can put him in the position to succeed. If Foles plays scared and stupid, it doesn't matter who the coach or what the system is.
(emphasis is mine).

A LOT of folks were in on chip because rooting for the guy (any guy) is more fun than being a sally red ass. Many of those same folks were "ok, we'll see with Doug" as well. Maybe less excited (how could you be more), but still, ready to watch.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "What's classic about this? All Foles..."
Drama Queen

I love the system guy angle.

What system is he good at? Oh let me say it for you ... he’s good in the RPO system, Drama Queen.

Oh, he’s good in the RPO system. The RPO system in which the Eagles throw in about 8 plays and sometimes less in a game. The RPO system that can’t be fully utilized to the max with the QB as a running option too because Foles doesn’t run?

Doug The Great sprinkled in some plays that were comfortable for Foles. Plays that he had success with in the past.

Foles is an NFL QB. He excels with a good line in front of him.

I actually can’t believe I’m still defending Foles for what he is... a really good QB.
Unread 03-11-2018, 09:16 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "I love the system guy angle. What..."
Maniac

Quote:
Doug The Great sprinkled in some plays that were comfortable for Foles. Plays that he had success with in the past.

Foles is an NFL QB. He excels with a good line in front of him.
According to Slag, Pedey stole Chump's entire offense for Foles and Chump should get a ring.
Unread 03-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #53
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
(emphasis is mine).

A LOT of folks were in on chip because rooting for the guy (any guy) is more fun than being a sally red ass. Many of those same folks were "ok, we'll see with Doug" as well. Maybe less excited (how could you be more), but still, ready to watch.
Sure. And why boo a shitty Santa Claus if he's all you got.

Last edited by Maniac; 03-11-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "According to Slag, Pedey stole Chump's..."
Drama Queen

I’m not getting into that one. Nothing in this world can harsh my SUPER BOWL WORLD CHAMPIONS EAGLES mellow ... 😀
Unread 03-11-2018, 09:31 PM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "According to Slag, Pedey stole Chump's..."
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, you bored enough to bump where I wrote that?
Unread 03-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #56
Sect 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
(emphasis is mine).

Not using Polk on the goal line. The most unforgivable of sins.
Unread 03-12-2018, 08:58 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Not using Polk on the goal line. The..."
JuTMSY4

Default Seahawks would have won a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect 236 View Post
Not using Polk on the goal line. The most unforgivable of sins.
running Polk at the goal line.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:51 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Not using Polk on the goal line. The..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

funny thing is we probably would have made the playoffs in 2014 if chip had challenged a bad spot on an obvious first down by polk against arizona. wonder how things would have worked out then...

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote