IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-12-2018, 08:57 PM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "The likeness is the one I think needs..."
JuTMSY4

There are all sorts of interesting ideas. I don't know what's right other than to say that a man is entitled to his labor - does the league create a certain amount of money it should keep? Yes. But much of the product is the players and they should be compensated at least what the market would bear. Clearly, the market bears more than scholarships and room/board.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 09:12 PM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "There are all sorts of interesting..."
T.D-Bag

Location: 1985,2016 & 2018 NCAA Men's Basketball National Champions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
There are all sorts of interesting ideas. I don't know what's right other than to say that a man is entitled to his labor - does the league create a certain amount of money it should keep? Yes. But much of the product is the players and they should be compensated at least what the market would bear. Clearly, the market bears more than scholarships and room/board.
Someone pondered paying the kids in escrow, depending on years played and upon graduation.
T.D-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 09:49 AM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "I agree with this, and everything about..."
headknocker

Hard to believe Temple is "just another team" at this point. After all of those years of being one of those teams which were a difficult match-up for anyone in the tourney they're now NIT fodder...pretty sad.
headknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #24
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

doesn't dunphy have two tournament wins? they lose in the first round under him more than anything, even when they're the higher seed. not sure about them being a touch matchup.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2018, 10:38 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "doesn't dunphy have two tournament..."
rothdawg

rothdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he's referring to when Chaney was the Coach.
Dunphy is 3-16 in the tournament. He was given a 10 year contract after Temple beat Penn State at the buzzer in 2011.
rothdawg is offline   Reply With Quote