Shady gravedancing should not be tolerated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shady gravedancing should not be tolerated

Jury's out for me on this trade as you can make solid arguments for and against, but tearing down Shady to justify it is the worst. All he did was have an off-year and still rush for more than 1,300 yards. The year before was the best single season for an Eagles running back I ever saw. Yes he has a lot of treadwear but Shady still has plenty in the tank.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I think Kelly goes back and realized he needed to rebuild this defense. He would liked to have kept Cole but they couldn't agree on a restructure. So he's gone. He needed a starter on the inside so he went with someone he knew even though he was coming off injury. He had to give up something of value and it wasn't going to be draft picks and it wasn't going to be Foles. That perhaps should tell us how he feels about Foles. There were rumours last year they tried to trade for Spiller and now he's a FA. So the only valuable piece they have left is Shady. Now as you say IG, he had a very good year behind a sub par offensive line last year and a brilliant year in '13. But to me and maybe to Kelly, instead of running straight North-South, he would dance around too much and that's what gave him a lot of negative numbers last year. I'm convinced he's going to trade back and secure more draft picks and draft Hundley, not Mariota.

Comment

I actually feel pity for you people. It will be at least a decade before another regime digs out of the detritus left by Harry. Some of you will be dead before the team sees .500 again.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        I think Kelly goes back and realized he needed to rebuild this defense. He would liked to have kept Cole but they couldn't agree on a restructure. So he's gone. He needed a starter on the inside so he went with someone he knew even though he was coming off injury. He had to give up something of value and it wasn't going to be draft picks and it wasn't going to be Foles. That perhaps should tell us how he feels about Foles. There were rumours last year they tried to trade for Spiller and now he's a FA. So the only valuable piece they have left is Shady. Now as you say IG, he had a very good year behind a sub par offensive line last year and a brilliant year in '13. But to me and maybe to Kelly, instead of running straight North-South, he would dance around too much and that's what gave him a lot of negative numbers last year. I'm convinced he's going to trade back and secure more draft picks and draft Hundley, not Mariota.
        I agree Bobbyuk -- It had to make him puke watching that walking turd Matthews attempt to pretend to be a linebacker. Oh happy days Oh happy days Matthews might finally be cut. He has stolen enough from this team and its fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          Jury's out for me on this trade as you can make solid arguments for and against, but tearing down Shady to justify it is the worst. All he did was have an off-year and still rush for more than 1,300 yards. The year before was the best single season for an Eagles running back I ever saw. Yes he has a lot of treadwear but Shady still has plenty in the tank.
          Ill miss Shady, prob my fav player. But in the grand scheme of things to be successful this team needed some massive changes on defense not offense. We are going to lose a lot but hopefully we gain more, with the new kid at middle linebacker and the dollar diff of close to 20 million in salary over the next 2 yrs and spend that on some key free agents to bulk this defense up.

Comment

Is it grave dancing to say that I wasn't terribly surprised? And to explain why? Or should I just shut up and let the hand-wringers go on?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
              you people
              Pretty much describes your relationship with this community.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                Is it grave dancing to say that I wasn't terribly surprised? And to explain why? Or should I just shut up and let the hand-wringers go on?
                There were talks about actually cutting him for cap space. CUTTING HIM! If that's true, this is at least a better return.

At the least, Chip sold Shady high or very near high, albeit with a crooked cap number. Whether he'll eat his words on Shady's production (or the Eagles' lack thereof) is another matter. The stat nerds suggest he wasn't nearly as productive as his first level metrics suggest. One can take that however one wants...

Comment

I have no bad feelings for the guy, but yeah...it was a possibility that his tenure was done, or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    I have no bad feelings for the guy, but yeah...it was a possibility that his tenure was done, or close to it.
                    This is how I feel. I loved him as an Eagle but RBs are not that valuable and can fall off the cliff quickly. I figured there was a good chance he'd be gone this off-season if he didn't take a pay cut although I figured it would be part of a draft day trade.

Like I said about Brian Dawkins, I hope he loses to the Eagles on February 7th, 2016.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                    X