The universe is correcting itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bullshit
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        bullshit
        How?

Comment

You’re right

Comment

here for this

Originally posted by Squire View Post
            Was 3-3 on FGs in a game last February too.
            He's just inconsistent. The Nick Foles of kickers!

Comment

Its a 53 yard kick and the punter has a better chance of putting the ball inside the 20 than Elliot can make that kick outside off the grass, good weather notwithstanding.

I don't have a problem with the run, but if you don't get it inside the 30 with that play you punt.

The defense was playing well enough to rely on them to keep the ball in the field and make them, at best have to throw a Hail Mary.

What happened last night was that Goff had a short field and, thus, a much more makable throw to the end zone at the end... lucky for Gomer he missed a guy that other guys have hit for wins/ties.

PS - The point about 3d vs kicking the FG attempt is that if you're going to take a chance you take it on 3d ... I don't like that play because I want to run clock ... but if I run clock and I don't get a much more makable FG, I punt.

PPS - If the defense was playing like they were playing pretty much like they had been playing all year ... I suppose then I kick the FG (like when they couldn't stop anyone in the second half of the Super Bowl ... in a dome where a 46 yarder is a 36 yarder)
              Last edited by slag; 12-17-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

So the cutoff is inside the 30?

Comment

Exactly on the 30 ... if you can take a credit card and lay it flat on the forward nose of the football and any part of it touches the chalk of the 30 you punt ... inside the chalk, field goal attempt.

Got it?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    I wonder if they wanted Doug to punt after graham's strip sack in the sb or is 46 yards a gimme and 53 is beyond the threshold?
                    Do you know the difference in percentages on 46 yard fgs vs 53 yarders?

Do some research and get back to us.

Comment

Don't forget the general location of the field itself

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Exactly on the 30 ... if you can take a credit card and lay it flat on the forward nose of the football and any part of it touches the chalk of the 30 you punt ... inside the chalk, field goal attempt.

Got it?

Oh I got it , it's pretty obvious lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                          Do you know the difference in percentages on 46 yard fgs vs 53 yarders?

Do some research and get back to us.
                          https://www.footballdb.com/stats/sta...K&sort=kick50m

Be my guest

Comment

Ok

Elliot's 40 percent from outside 50 ... less than a 50/50 shot

He's 86 percent from 40-49
                            Last edited by slag; 12-17-2018, 06:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well I'm glad that your claim of "bullshit" didn't apply to the first half of my post. The run was the right call.

Going into Sunday, Elliott was 7/10 career from 50+. I'm not sure how good Johnston is at just pooching a punt (he's on the team because of his boot), but I'll take the 70% chance of ending the game over 30-35 yards of field position (this is assuming that he avoids the touchback).

You would have been cool with punting from the 31? Dude is 86% (including postseason) from 40-49 and you don't take that chance to end the game? Alright.

Comment

Working...
                              X