Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Process is also about patience

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
    It is SO HARD to watch him be such a vibrant component of that team. The Process implies we will win a championship. And it is uncertain we will when such a talented guy we could've had is the youthful spark of our main competitor. The impact is practical in his gameplay compared to Fultz and also psychological for the entire organization!!!!
    This season raised expectations but the Sixers are still ahead of schedule.

Embiid/Simmons didn't play their first seasons. 10 games out of Markelle is actually an improvement.

Tatum is a future star but no one could have predicted the shoulder injury/whatever happened to Fultz's shot. Before that he was lighting it up in the Summer League which is why it's ridiculous to wish that we had drafted Tatum. He was never even in the conversation.

Comment

Maybe he did. I don't know. Ball to LA seemed pretty obvious but you could be right. I'm just refusing to give BC the benefit of the doubt.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The Process is over. That was all Hinkie. I have no idea why people think Colangelo is just finishing what Hinkie started. This is a new regime that doesn't resemble The Process a little bit. It's almost becoming the opposite of The Process.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          Tatum wasn't even in the conversation for the Sixers. All we heard was what a "bad fit" he was, and how nobody wanted another Duke guy after the Okafor fiasco.

If it wasn't Fultz, it was probably going to be Jackson or Monk anyway. Let it go. Hopefully Markelle hits puberty this summer.
          ^^^This times a million, Colangelo might suck but nobody thought this move was as deplorable as you're all making it out to be when it happened.

I think everyone agrees that Colangelo has been given a golden egg with the assets acquired by Hinkie, but let's chill for a sec before we determine its been squandered already.

Edit to add: Everyone thought Howie was a pencil-pushing nerd who knew nothing about building a football team and now he's touted as the best GM in the NFL. I'm not trying to compare him to Colangelo but I'm also not jumping to any conclusions until I see how this shakes out.
          Last edited by SOS Crunchy; 05-16-2018, 05:54 PM.
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Yeah my fault....top pick in the draft and an additional number one for a happy bench warmer

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
              ^^^This times a million, Colangelo might suck but nobody thought this move was as deplorable as you're all making it out to be when it happened.

I think everyone agrees that Colangelo has been given a golden egg with the assets acquired by Hinkie, but let's chill for a sec before we determine its been squandered already.

Edit to add: Everyone thought Howie was a pencil-pushing nerd who knew nothing about building a football team and now he's touted as the best GM in the NFL. I'm not trying to compare him to Colangelo but I'm also not jumping to any conclusions until I see how this shakes out.
              You make some good points here, IMO.

Not a Colangelo fan, and I know far less about basketball than I do about football and baseball. But my sense is these things can take time to play out. It's hard for a fan to judge things while they are going on. The only true evaluation can happen after the fact.

I believe the Sixers had a good year even if it was emotionally disapointing at the end.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
              X