F##* ANAL-LYTICS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
    SO IN YOUR OPINION, WAS IT ANAL-LYSTICS OR A GUT FEELING TO GO FOR IT ON 4TH AND ONE, ON A PASS TO ERTZ OR FOLES CALLING THE PHILLY SPECIAL ON 4TH AND DOWN AND COACH SAY YEAH LET'S DO IT?

I THINK IT IS ALL WHAT THEY ARE FEELING, WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE GAME AT THAT POINT IN TIME AND HIS GUT SAID YEAH LET'S DO IT.
    Analytics said that going for it was a good call to improve their chances to win. Gut feeling is that the coach and QB felt that specific play would be successful at that time.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Good read on the subject. I like all the opinions from around the league.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...n-carson-wentz
      Well, they keep changing the rules so much what works now may not work in the future.

Rule changes fck with analytics.

I just got my NFL gamepass access and the first thing I watched was when the Eagles came back against the Giants in the 4th Q in week 15 2010. It's obvious the rules have changed a lot since then, especially on kickoffs.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        I think analytics would advise going for it in both situations. The play calls were all Doug’s gut feelings.
        Yep. I didn't see this before I responded but I agree 100%
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

I'll go with my gut.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            I think analytics would advise going for it in both situations. The play calls were all Doug’s gut feelings.
            I GUESS WHAT I'M GETTING AT IS, DO YA REALLY NEED A PILE OF STATS SPIT OUT BY A COMPUTER, TO DECIDE TO GO FOR IT ON 4th DOWN? DOESN'T THE CIRCUMSTANCES DICTATE WHETHER IT'S FEASIBLE TO GO FOR IT IN THE HUMAN MIND? WHERE THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE IS, WHAT THE SCORE IS HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT AND SO ON?

IT'S WITCHCRAFT I SAY WITCHCRAFT.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I agree with the others but

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Now that's a long list!

Eskin, Cataldi and Mikey Miss probably will always top it but Elliot Shorr-Parks is my sentimental favorite.

Sal Pal is almost a wannabe in comparison.
              Sal Pal gets to do it on a national level with ESPN.

Comment

yeah Sal pal is the type of guy who is nice to your face and then go on national tv and try and make an ass out of you. Fuck him! Listen to him of mikey miss that is exactly the way he is.
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Hold my beer

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                  yeah Sal pal is the type of guy who is nice to your face and then go on national tv and try and make an ass out of you. Fuck him! Listen to him of mikey miss that is exactly the way he is.
                  Nm

Comment

A shitty Carpenter with the best tools is still a shitty Carpenter. I think you need to be a good coach coach to use analytics effectively. I’ll bet The New Cleveland Browns have equipped their sideline genius with analytics and, well....
                    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

There have been many time my Gut didn't agree with Dougies

always good to know your numbers or your %'s but in the end its your faith in the guys,,where you are in the game,,,and yes most of the time in life,,,listen to your 1st feeling,,,its most likely right!
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                      X