X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

igitis
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Um, he can’t draft for shit and refuses to churn the roster until they get it right. You happy with more of Big V and Isaac? You like Pumphrey? I think Graham is done. I think Bennett has more. How’s that genius move for Jones playing out?? As I said, I’m sure my POV wouldn’t sit well with some here. I just think he’s good at the business side, but blows on the talent piece. He also hid behind some of he busts “when Chip was drafting.” Like Doug being branded as a genius after a Super Bowl win, Howie gets many passes.
      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
        Um, he can’t draft for shit and refuses to churn the roster until they get it right. You happy with more of Big V and Isaac? You like Pumphrey? I think Graham is done. I think Bennett has more. How’s that genius move for Jones playing out?? As I said, I’m sure my POV wouldn’t sit well with some here. I just think he’s good at the business side, but blows on the talent piece. He also hid behind some of he busts “when Chip was drafting.” Like Doug being branded as a genius after a Super Bowl win, Howie gets many passes.
        I'm pretty down on their drafting, especially missing out on a RB when they were all over the damn place in that 2017 draft, but this is overboard. You're complaining about Vaitai? A 5th rounder who was serviceable enough to start for half of the season and playoffs on a championship team? Seumalo, a 3rd rounder who actually bounced back and played well in 2018? What about Mills, a 7th rounder, who also started at CB on a championship team?

Goedert, Maddox, and Rasul Douglas all look like players. So does Barnett, though how good he can be is still up in the air. Sidney Jones, Mack Hollins, Josh Sweat, Matt Pryor, and Jordan Mailata are all still question marks after one year... hardly BCJ's yet.

They haven't gotten impact players out of the last three drafts (Wentz aside), I'll give you that. And they absolutely blew it at RB in 2017, when it was a critical need and a ridiculously loaded draft. But "can't draft for shit" is a bit extreme. These haven't exactly been 2011-bad draft classes. They're probably in the C+/B- range, with the potential to move up or down depending on how the some of the question marks pan out.

Comment

That's my expectation

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          I think the likelihood that they are going to go heavy at dl in the draft also factored in the decision. There were trembling that Bennett wasnt happy rotating...
          FA hasn't hit yet and the market is also filling up a little and I could see them picking a DT up in there somewhere. Also, yes, Bennett was unhappy. He was unhappy until the barnett injury last year pushed up his time.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            FA hasn't hit yet and the market is also filling up a little and I could see them picking a DT up in there somewhere. Also, yes, Bennett was unhappy. He was unhappy until the barnett injury last year pushed up his time.
            Is Malik Jackson (cut by Jags) washed up?

Comment

You made my point while blasting it. He's way too inconsistent and not a "great" or SB level GM, so that's my "can't draft for shit" take for an organization which claims (or did) to be the (Fool's) Gold Standard. He'd be in the Hall of Fame for salary cap, but not for drafting.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

You made my point while blasting it. He's way too inconsistent and not a "great" or SB level GM, so that's my "can't draft for shit" take for an organization which claims (or did) to be the (Fool's) Gold Standard. He'd be in the Hall of Fame for salary cap, but not for drafting.
                So, your standard for an acceptable GM is that he needs to be a future Hall of Famer? Delivering the franchise's first Lombardi isn't enough?

Tough crowd!

Comment

Not really. I agreed with some of it, said you were being extreme, and showed you where I disagreed.

Our "grades" and assessments on draft classes that are one or two years old are essentially meaningless anyway at this point. If one of those five players develops into a stud (especially Mailata), and another one or two become solid contributors, the complexion of those drafts will be completely different. We just don't know right now.

And really... wasn't the "gold standard" comment something Lurie said once, like, 15 years ago? Hasn't he brought home a Lombardi since then? I think it's time to let the guy out of the dog house for that one already.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    Is Malik Jackson (cut by Jags) washed up?
                    Wow. Can anyone answer, hahaha!??

Comment

He's had better numbers than Jernigan the last 2 seasons
                      Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

You win.
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                        X