Trust The Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    I'm not as down on this group as I guess others are. I think, if they want to stay here, the foursome of Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Butler is good enough to win. The potential is there with this group. We've all seen it. And we all roll our eyes at the "they haven't played together enough" line, but there's probably more truth there than any of us are willing to admit.

I think the bigger issue is the bench and it has been for years. They keep worrying about "star hunting" and ignoring the rest of the team. All they have on the bench are inadequate big men (except Boban) and guys who chuck up threes. There's nothing there that resembles a unit that can spell the starters on a championship team.
    Can thank collars for some of that. Jerami Grant, Nerlens. Could be valuable bench players and didn't get much back.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Collars did fuck things up but no way would I keep Jimmy Butler at the $ he would want. Improving the bench is important but I'd rather Klay Thompson than Butler if they go max.

Also, Embiid is going to have a short career, the window is now not 5 years from now. I don't blame Elton for trying but now they have to get creative the next year or two and make a run.

Comment

For sure. I agree with everyone that there have been some serious personnel mistakes and that has killed them. Absolutely. The Fultz/Colangelo debacle ultimately took this thing off the rails.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

So Embiid has the stomach bug. What do they feed this team?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            Collars did fuck things up but no way would I keep Jimmy Butler at the $ he would want. Improving the bench is important but I'd rather Klay Thompson than Butler if they go max.

Also, Embiid is going to have a short career, the window is now not 5 years from now. I don't blame Elton for trying but now they have to get creative the next year or two and make a run.
            He'll have a short career if he doesn't get in better shape. he needs to lose a few lb's to put less pressure on his knees.

He had that meniscus surgery. Like Durant and Westbrook had it...and then had like 2 more follow-up surgeries each.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I'm not as down on this group as I guess others are. I think, if they want to stay here, the foursome of Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Butler is good enough to win. The potential is there with this group. We've all seen it. And we all roll our eyes at the "they haven't played together enough" line, but there's probably more truth there than any of us are willing to admit.

I think the bigger issue is the bench and it has been for years. They keep worrying about "star hunting" and ignoring the rest of the team. All they have on the bench are inadequate big men (except Boban) and guys who chuck up threes. There's nothing there that resembles a unit that can spell the starters on a championship team.
              If they want to stay... that’s the key. The idea that they gave up so much for a couple of guys who can choose to walk after less than a year is mind boggling to me.

Maybe I just don’t understand the NBA. But what the Sixers have done seems like the antithesis of how a team is built in any other league.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                If they want to stay... that’s the key. The idea that they gave up so much for a couple of guys who can choose to walk after less than a year is mind boggling to me.

Maybe I just don’t understand the NBA. But what the Sixers have done seems like the antithesis of how a team is built in any other league.
                Word is they have gentlemen's agreements with both Harris and Butler.

I mean, let's be real, there are very few more attractive places in the NBA to play than Philadelphia, especially with two generational talents at the Sixers' core.
                Last edited by 06hawkalum; 04-29-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I would have preferred it if they had figured out a way to take that gamble with Leonard. They would have won a championship this year with him. Even if they had dealt Simmons.

That said, I'm a Butler fan. I love how he plays. I know he has been disappointing to people but I think he's used to being the guy and he's not the guy on this team. Thing Is, he seems ok with that. He's had his moments and he's hit some big shots. I would keep him.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                    Word is they have gentlemen's agreements with both Harris and Butler.

I mean, let's be real, there are very few more attractive places in the NBA to play than Philadelphia, especially with two generational talents at the Sixers' core.
                    If that's the case and they retain both with no drama this off-season, I'll feel a lot better about the team going forward. I've just had a 2011 Dream Team throwing-shit-against-the-wall with no discernible strategy vibe since Fultz busted out.

I'm not looking for ITSY's. If I'm wrong and they've actually built a solid team, that's the result I prefer.

Comment

Working...
                    X