Butler turned down 5 year max from Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler turned down 5 year max from Sixers

Good, fuck that guy. Have fun maybe being the 8th seed for the next 5 years you fraud.

Part of me believes that...

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    Good, fuck that guy. Have fun maybe being the 8th seed for the next 5 years you fraud.
    And another part of me thinks the Sixers cut him a check to say that so they didn’t appear ineffective. I bet they wouldn’t max him and knew everyone would bug out.

If he really did do that — I wouldn’t mind he’s sparked out — but I don’t really blame him; this franchises commitment to Ben Simmons is absurd and entirely offensive. I’d rather we signed Vince Carter.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Blessing in disguise. He's on his fourth team for a reason. He didn't want to go to Miami to try and win a championship. Giving him the max would have made things even worse. His priorities are not what this team needs right now.

Comment

I think it's unbelievable that he would take being a big fish in a small pond over contending for a few years.

It's almost even more unbelievable that the Sixers are better today than they were last week.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Probably not the best long term fit with Simmons either. As Slizz said, I actually think the starting 5 may be better now. Wasn't a fan of Reddick at all.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-01-2019, 09:08 PM.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

There's rumors he didn't like Brett Brown. This guy has an issue everywhere he goes. He's not worth the headache.

He talks about how important winning is and now wants to go somewhere where he's the number one guy?? He's not winning anything if he's the number one. He's delusional.

Comment

Jimmy Butler might be a little better than Andre Iguodala, who should never be anything more than the third best guy on a team.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm fine with it. Now we just desperately need shooters.
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Sure wish they woulda taken Carsen Edwards. He would have been a nice piece on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                    Agreed, but not much left. Danny Green? Who else at this point

Comment

Trey Burke would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                        Agreed, but not much left. Danny Green? Who else at this point
                        They can’t afford him. He’ll probably get a 3-year, 30m deal

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          They can’t afford him. He’ll probably get a 3-year, 30m deal
                          I thought they still had a Mid Level Exception and 7.7 million cap space. Derek Bognar is reporting this in not true...they have NO MLE and only 2.2 million remaining in cap space.

Comment

They were worried about possible gang ties.

Comment

With what they have left in regards to cap space and assets, Brand will most likely need to hit this year in the buyout market.

Comment

Working...
                              X