Matt Klentak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Klentak

Is more of a problem than Kapler. This is his 4th year and he’s yet to do anything creative to improve the roster. None of his trades have been particularly good (Carlos Santana is having a better year than Segura). His drafts and International signings have been attorcious. I know that Gabe is annoying and he’s present everyday, but if he goes so should Klentak

It almost feels like we have the baseball versions of Chip Kelly with both Chip Klentak and Chip Kapler. One doesn't know what it takes to win and one is trying to reinvent the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      It almost feels like we have the baseball versions of Chip Kelly with both Chip Klentak and Chip Kapler. One doesn't know what it takes to win and one is trying to reinvent the game.
      I was saying the exact same thing to a friend today. This whole thing just feels Chump Kelly-esque
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        That’s fair. I want them both to go. But I wanted to remind everyone that just firing Gabe isn’t going to solve a thing.

Comment

I expect someone will be the scapegoat so I'm going with John Mallee. If I had my choice, I'm with you, I'd replace the front office first.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            That’s fair. I want them both to go. But I wanted to remind everyone that just firing Gabe isn’t going to solve a thing.
            Agreed.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The player development has been atrocious and injuries have ravaged their depth. The previous RAJ/Gillick era drafted incredibly poorly which has handicapped Klentak's current ability to make any trades and unless Middleton is willing to pay the lux tax, the same can be said of his financial might now.

How have none of the starters turned into anything (besides eflin, who I like, but is a contact pitcher)? Franco is hot garbage, Dubes is a total mess on and off the field, Nick Williams has 0 confidence. Alfaro and Crawford leave and appear to be blossoming.

The drafting seems middle of the pack rn, but it's hard to read with the poor development and bad upper-level depth. But Klentak can't make any moves without ripping apart the farm. He'll be short-lived if he does.

Klentak has also spent big money on some real crap. Hunter, Neshek, Arrieta, Robertson, Nicasio...what a mess

Comment

I completely agree.

Speaking of trades, the decision not to trade for Cole Hamels last year looks awful. Can someone who knows baseball tell me if the move seemed like a no-brainer at the time? IIRC he had great stats pitching on the road last year (mediocre ERA was due to bad status at home) and the Cubs gave up very little for him.

Comment

the problem had more to do with the starters

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  I completely agree.

Speaking of trades, the decision not to trade for Cole Hamels last year looks awful. Can someone who knows baseball tell me if the move seemed like a no-brainer at the time? IIRC he had great stats pitching on the road last year (mediocre ERA was due to bad status at home) and the Cubs gave up very little for him.
                  The phillies believed (and probably still do) that they have a ton of starting depth. They do. I don't think the starters have been as much of a problem. The offense is a disaster at the moment.

However, the price would have been significant, as I think the cubs took on most of his salary. How that effected this offseason, I'm not sure.

Comment

Matt Sleestak

Comment

Matt Kuntak
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Arrieta...another remarkable signing by GM Matt Klentak.

Comment

Eh, with Arrieta, I'm not sure it was so much Klentak as Middleton.

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/973563578837028864

Comment

Working...
                          X