X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrieta

Not happy with Gabe's adjustments!
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Kapler's managing like a moron. Changing the lineup everyday is killing their offensive chemistry, why tf is Altherr batting clean up Saturday and 8th Sunday??

I'm not jumping ship on him yet, but Grasshopper Muncher is seeming more like Chip and less like Dougie. I'm a little concerned, if the Phils were to miraculously be in contention at the end of the season, how this guy will get in the way in a big game situation.
    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

I hate Gabe. He’s lost easily 5+ games for them this season. They are good enough to overcome him, however.

Comment

Who should bat clean-up?

The defensive shifts aren't really the problem. I'm fine with shifting defenses based on tendencies.

Comment

Bad form throwing Kingery under the bus.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            Bad form throwing Kingery under the bus.
            Here's a hypo. If the Phils continue their middling ways (this is a brutal stretch of games, tbh) and they're not terribly close to the Wild Card, would you move Arrieta if some team (Red Sox?) comes calling?

Comment

You could argue the whole thing was bad form. He might be right, but there might be a better venue than the media. It's not like he's been lights out. Maybe Kapler should have shifted an outfielder into the center field seats when McCutchen was up.

Comment

Probably Hoskins or Williams/Altherr, but that's not my point. These guys are creatures of habit and their batting order has no semblance of consistency whatsoever.
                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

well Hoskins is hurt

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                  Probably Hoskins or Williams/Altherr, but that's not my point. These guys are creatures of habit and their batting order has no semblance of consistency whatsoever.
                  the top of the order has been practically the same. Santana got bumped back after a really slow start. You can whine about the inconsistency of Williams/Altherr in the line-up, but otherwise, it's been fairly predictable. Even more so as Gabe and the players have gotten to know each other.

I can't believe I'm defending Kapler. His new-age schtick will run it's course, but using metrics to determine line-ups and defensive alignments is what good teams do now. Shit, he's even using Seranthony as a high leverage reliever rather than just moving him into the closer role.

Comment

Do you actually understand what he was saying about Kingery ... was he criticizing Kingery or criticizing the shift because Kingery had no option to go to second?

I didn't see the game so I don't know ... do you?
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm not much of a baseball guy, but they were saying in the 1st that Kapler had loaded the lineup with lefties to try and get an early run. Probably would have worked if Santana had run that bloop out.

Comment

I'm aware he's hurt, but it's been this way the entire season. It's going to be difficult for these bats to hit consistently when there's no structure to the batting order, some of that can be attributed to Kapler and some of that to the fact that they don't have a polished Utley-esque player who can consistently bat 3 (with the exception of maybe Odubel).
                        Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Do you actually understand what he was saying about Kingery ... was he criticizing Kingery or criticizing the shift because Kingery had no option to go to second?

I didn't see the game so I don't know ... do you?
                          I watched it and I'm pretty sure Kingery had a play at second and just made the wrong decision.

Comment

I probably wouldn't. I like Arrieta, and I think the team could be really good in 2019. I don't think they should be "buyers" this year, unless it's a small move, either.

Comment

Working...
                            X