$65 mil guaranteed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $65 mil guaranteed

ODB. Smart move for a team who wants to build a Super Bowl roster.

NEXT DRAUGHT THEY'LL BE ABLE TO PAY THEY'RE FIRST ROUND PICK AT QB $18.75 A YEAR FOR A FEW YEARS.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

If Eli struggles this year, it should make for some fun sports radio listening in NY.

I have no doubt Barkley is going to be very good, but Darnold looks like he is going to be a franchise QB for the Jets. Not sure what the QB crop looks like the next few years, but I don't think the Giants will be bad enough to land a top 5 pick.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Darnold better season than S-hayyyyy-kwan

Oh yeah!
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

yep. i was happy to see the giants pass up their chance to draft a franchise QB. they'll have a much tougher time drafting one over the next few years.

anyway...of course they had to pay OBJ. they would have been insane not to. he's started his career on a hall of fame trajectory. hypothetically, the giants letting OBJ walk would be like three times dumber than when the eagles cut jackson.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 08-28-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Ya, I’m certainly not suggesting they should have let him walk, but a $95 million dollar WR will cripple you.

Comment

Not much they could do

That is the going rate for a true top 5 WR. The next guy will get more. No way they could let him walk, and going year-to-year like the Skins did with Cousins isn't a great strategy.

Just wait until Wentz gets his deal - it will be enormous. Cost of doing business - when you have great players, you have to pay them big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                Oh yeah!
                Bump! Yes! Darnold is all smashed in looking, not wide eyed like Sleeves.
                Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                  Bump! Yes! Darnold is all smashed in looking, not wide eyed like Sleeves.
                  Very early, but certainly looks like a large draft mistake.

Comment

I do recall a certain Reg on the board making that statement days before the draft

and although the jury is out on the both those guys over the next 3 years,,,U have to be stupid not to take a Franchise QB @ 2 or 3 when your starter is in his 15th season,,,,Love the dumb ass Vaggies! As Eli fades U stack the box!
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                    X