Mailata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailata

As I was watching the game last night. I kept saying man this kid has got talent. The way he was coming out of his stance. He has the technique down. Hate to say it, he reminds me of Tra Thomas.Little more coaching, and put me in coach. I actually think we use him on some special plays. Big Kid is quick.

He’s an ATHLETE! Huge, but also has all kinds of other pluses. I hope he can slide ahead of Big V QUICKLY!
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I just watched his play.

His kick step reminds me of Peters (I know...don’t say it) and Mailata breaks it down quickly if an outside rush isn’t coming. It’s very encouraging to watch. The guy is picking up the game. Mailata was going against guys with 4 and 5 years experience. He absolutely took care of his responsibilities last night. Mailata’s responsibilities were very limited though. Cleveland didn’t bring any stunts or blitzes his way. Also, the Eagles play selections didn’t require Mailata to make inside or second level run blocks. Just outside zone stuff.

I don’t feel like his competition (Chris Smith) was bringing a first rate pass rush attack, but Mailata won ever battle. Mailata also needs to improve his cardio . He was winded in the huddle, unlike his other line mates, while only playing less than half a game. It’s not surprising though considering Mailata is jumping from a low end rugby league to professional football. His cardio needs to be way up there after a full off season.

I’m excited to watch him get a lot of reps next week. He’s 19 and it’s impressive that he picked up that kick step so fast!

Comment

Agreed. I want to see him play - whole half. Excited to see the dude at this time next year

Comment

I don't think you can put him on the practice squad-- somebody will claim him. I think he makes the roster or maybe he gets injured in the last preseason game.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I don't think you can put him on the practice squad-- somebody will claim him. I think he makes the roster or maybe he gets injured in the last preseason game.
            Hamstring injury -> PUP list

Comment

That’s ideal, but they could also carry him and Pryor on the roster. I think Taylor Hart has a real shot at making the roster if Mailata is stashed.

Comment

Baldy broke his play down on Twatter

*snip* Cleveland didn’t bring any stunts or blitzes his way.*snip*

Baldy showed one play (stunt) where Mailata just shoved his guy down the line the engaged the DT. It's good stuff:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1032979681786687488

Comment

One way or the other they need to keep him on the team. I think he is going to be a good to great to dominant linesman.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes, I didn’t watch Baldy’s breakdown until this morning. When I was watching the game, I thought Mailata forced the disruption (which is good too) but from that angle it is a stunt. He’s even more impressive in the clip. I don’t want to get carried away, but it’s kind of mind boggling that he is replicating Peters’ pass protection in the first 1.5 seconds. Honestly, I’d rather see him make the squad and get reps against the Eagles DE’s all year.

Comment

Peters is one-of-a-kind

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      Yes, I didn’t watch Baldy’s breakdown until this morning. When I was watching the game, I thought Mailata forced the disruption (which is good too) but from that angle it is a stunt. He’s even more impressive in the clip. I don’t want to get carried away, but it’s kind of mind boggling that he is replicating Peters’ pass protection in the first 1.5 seconds. Honestly, I’d rather see him make the squad and get reps against the Eagles DE’s all year.
                      But the idea that a dude with freakish physical makeup can be taught the position (and the game itself in Mailata's case!) is pretty cool. I am hoping for the best with Mailata!

Comment

I’m trying not to get carried away, but my sudden interest in the 4th preseason game is mind boggling.

Comment

Working...
                        X