IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 01-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
dev_32

Default Nick Foles final moment as an Eagle

... was picking Alshon up off the ground after the deflected pass. Lending words of thanks and support. It was, quite honestly, sadly perfect.,

Nick is forever a stud in my eyes, giving me the best sports moments I have ever seen as a Philadelphia sports fan. I pray he does not go to the Giants or Foreskinners next year. There's a part of me that hopes Dougie loses his mind and trades Carson instead....

Last edited by dev_32; 01-13-2019 at 11:05 PM.
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
broadstreetparade

broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
... was picking Alshon up off the ground after the deflected pass. Lending words of thanks and support. It was, quite honestly, sadly perfect.,

Nick is forever a stud in my eyes, giving me the best sports moments I have ever seen as a Philadelphia sports fan. I pray he does not go to the Giants or Foreskinners next year. There's a part of me that hopes Dougie loses his mind and trades Carson instead....
That last part is stupid. Im hoping he ends up in Denver or Jax. Id like to spend a bye week seeing Foles down the street at Mile High but I think his best shot at winning is in Jacksonville.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2019, 11:13 PM   #3
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
That last part is stupid. Im hoping he ends up in Denver or Jax. Id like to spend a bye week seeing Foles down the street at Mile High but I think his best shot at winning is in Jacksonville.
I agree it's stupid... Just love that guy
Unread 01-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
Iíd take TJ Yeldon and a 3rd for Nick
Ground_Meat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 08:29 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Iíd take TJ Yeldon and a 3rd for Nick"
Greenstealth

Default The eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Iíd take TJ Yeldon and a 3rd for Nick

Are getting a 3rd comp in 2020 for foles. That's it. He has no trade value because teams know they aren't keeping him.
Greenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 08:53 AM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post "The eagles"
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
Are getting a 3rd comp in 2020 for foles. That's it. He has no trade value because teams know they aren't keeping him.
SOLD!
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post "The eagles"
Ground_Meat

Quote:
If the exercise the option, that would change...no?
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:23 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "If the exercise the option, that would..."
dev_32

Quote:
If the exercise the option, that would change...no?
Foles can buy that out for $2 million. I heard from some jerks like Ian Rappaport that they can franchise him
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Foles can buy that out for $2 million. ..."
Ground_Meat

They can...would cost $25 mil
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:47 AM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "They can...would cost $25 mil"
Greenstealth

Quote:
They can...would cost $25 mil
And who exactly is trading what for that contract? Other teams know the Eagles aren't keeping him. There's zero leverage.
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:52 AM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "And who exactly is trading what for..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

Different position but the Dolphins successfully franchised and traded Landry.

Is Foles gonna get much less than $25 million a year? Bortles just got paid $21 million. Isn't Keenum getting $18 million? Foles will get more than both those guys. I could see someone trading for him and negotiating something long term, so I don't think the $25 million for 2019 is set in stone.
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "Different position but the Dolphins..."
Greenstealth

The dolphins didn't have to trade Landry. The eagles cannot keep foles and other teams know it. Wentz is eligible for an extension this off season. He's going to get it. Why as another team would you give up draft capital to trade for a player that's going to be available anyway?

Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-14-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Unread 01-14-2019, 10:05 AM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "The dolphins didn't have to trade..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

To make sure that your competition doesn't get him.
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 10:44 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "To make sure that your competition..."
Eagle Road

Guess I cant see how paying Nick 20 mil to stay is worse than paying Chase fucking Daniels how much, 13 mil for one year of nothing?
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 10:50 AM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "The dolphins didn't have to trade..."
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because Wentz is eligible for an extension, it doesnít mean heíll get it this year. The Eagles can sit in Foles for a year if they want too. Can 6-8 teams afford to sit a year without a QB the caliber of Foles.

Whatís the shelf life of a lot of coaches now-a-days? How many coaches are left from when Doug was hired in 2016.

You need to recalibrate.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 12:31 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "Just because Wentz is eligible for an..."
Greenstealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
Just because Wentz is eligible for an extension, it doesnít mean heíll get it this year. The Eagles can sit in Foles for a year if they want too. Can 6-8 teams afford to sit a year without a QB the caliber of Foles.

Whatís the shelf life of a lot of coaches now-a-days? How many coaches are left from when Doug was hired in 2016.

You need to recalibrate.

You think wentz won't get an extension this year and I need to recalibrate. I see the logic
Unread 01-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #17
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wentz will get an extension

Quote:
You think wentz won't get an extension this year and I need to recalibrate. I see the logic
after Foles is franchise tagged and traded to Miami or Oakland. (Iím going out on a limb and calling the team that will trade for him).
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2019, 10:22 PM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post "Wentz will get an extension"
Greenstealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
after Foles is franchise tagged and traded to Miami or Oakland. (I’m going out on a limb and calling the team that will trade for him).

Wait, Now they are tagging and trading? You just said they "can sit in (on) Foles for a year if they want to" (which they can't). You even have the teams already picked out. Tough to argue with all this knowledge. You do realize as it stands the eagles are like 12 mil over the cap for next year, right? You understand that Foles as it is right now carries the highest cap number and would save the most money when cut, right? Other teams also know this. They know the Eagles aren't keeping Foles.

Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-14-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 01-15-2019, 07:23 AM   #19
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

ALL OPTIONS ARE STILL OPEN.
Unread 01-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #20
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Wait, Now they are tagging and trading? You just said they "can sit in (on) Foles for a year if they want to" (which they can't). You even have the teams already picked out. Tough to argue with all this knowledge. You do realize as it stands the eagles are like 12 mil over the cap for next year, right? You understand that Foles as it is right now carries the highest cap number and would save the most money when cut, right? Other teams also know this. They know the Eagles aren't keeping Foles.
They are not 12 mil over