So there is an article about Nick Foles to the Giants,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there is an article about Nick Foles to the Giants,

On one hand I don't think Nick would go there because of his ties to the Eagles and their relationship, on the other hand he says he loves the City and he wouldn't even have to move. Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...se-tag-for-qb/

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
    On one hand I don't think Nick would go there because of his ties to the Eagles and their relationship, on the other hand he says he loves the City and he wouldn't even have to move. Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...se-tag-for-qb/
    There only needs to be a plausible threat that’s it’s true. And the threat is absolutely plausible.

Comment

Let him fkkk with Eli. Should be fun to watch
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

He won't go to the Giants because they are still going to go with Manning at QB for this year; and he won't go to Washington, because they have too much guaranteed money--$74M tied up in Alex Smith.

Comment

I'm with Bobby here. The whole point of him going somewhere is the intent for him to be the #1 guy. What makes people think that the Giants are ready to throw in the towel with Eli? (Not that I think he's that good...but they have already voiced some level of commitment with him, haven't they?)

Comment

He has the ring and the gravitas to replace Eli, or more to the point to enable the Vagiants to push Eli out. The Vagiants would be getting a quarterback perfectly acceptable to the fan base, a winner and leader who can step right in with competence and not waste another season of Barkley and Beckham’s prime. They wouldn’t have to roll the dice on a draft pick in a mediocre QB draft. I agree with the Duck.
            Last edited by RSE; 02-07-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur, personally. Think Jax makes by far the most sense.

But, I'd like to see him in NY personally. I think the 2 games a year vs the Vagiants would just get more interesting. I am of the belief I don't think Foles will enjoy the same success elsewhere that he does here. There's just something special that happens here for some reason and it doesn't translate to other NFL teams for him.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one place I do not want him to go and I think the Birds see that also.
                On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Tags to trade apparently violates the CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    I don't see him reuniting with Shurmur, personally. Think Jax makes by far the most sense.

But, I'd like to see him in NY personally. I think the 2 games a year vs the Vagiants would just get more interesting. I am of the belief I don't think Foles will enjoy the same success elsewhere that he does here. There's just something special that happens here for some reason and it doesn't translate to other NFL teams for him.
                    Jacksonville does make more sense.

But if Jacksonville is sitting back and waiting for Foles to hit free agency, this possibility should concern them.

And that’s why it’s useful, whether it’s true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

On this I agree, I love the guy, but I really don't know if what he accomplished here translates elsewhere. With that being said, if he did go to the Gmen with that running game and teams having to play"up" I could certainly see BDN having a field day in the secondary?
                      Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                        Jacksonville does make more sense.

But if Jacksonville is sitting back and waiting for Foles to hit free agency, this possibility should concern them.

And that’s why it’s useful, whether it’s true or not.

jags have no defense

Comment

I think the lack of state taxes in Fla + reuniting with deFillippo on a team that “should” be capable Of winning double Digits games makes Jax more appealing. They have some good young talent to build around as long as Ramsey doesn’t f everything up for
                          Everyone.

Then again, his wife may wanna spend some of that money on Madison Avenue.
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-10-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Behind that o line

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                            On this I agree, I love the guy, but I really don't know if what he accomplished here translates elsewhere. With that being said, if he did go to the Gmen with that running game and teams having to play"up" I could certainly see BDN having a field day in the secondary?

I could see bad nick having real trouble. Eli doesn't do them any favors but they are a trash team outside of skill positions

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              I could see bad nick having real trouble. Eli doesn't do them any favors but they are a trash team outside of skill positions
                              Kind of a chicken and egg scenario isn't it? Eli doesn't have the quickest release in football combined with his lost in space look/indecision into the secondary, I just think Nick gets rid of the ball a lot quicker?
                              Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X