No announcement yet.

F--- Eric Reid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree that Kaepernick getting money is the same as Kaepernick getting signed. I'm not stretching anything because I dislike Reid, and I used to really agree with his message. But over time his actions have really hurt his cause. "Neocolonialism" is a nonsense term, but if Reid held himself to the same standard that he holds other activist players, he would have exposed the NFL for its hand in "systemic oppression" instead of taking the settlement and keeping the dirt surrounding the case confidential.

Comment

Well, depending on the settlement amount, it might be better than getting a contract ... you don't have to get hit to get paid.

As for "exposing" the NFL as racist oppressors ... that would have been a tall order ... and the NFL settling is still arguable as a tacit admission of some form of collusion even if there is a confidentiality aspect to it.

And it's completely aside from Reid's apparent definition of neocolonialism.

He never suggested Jenkins was a neocolonialist for collecting his game checks ... he suggested it, if I understand correctly, because Jenkins got in bed with the man by participating in the Players Coalition ... which, again, is distinguishable from getting paid by the man, which is all I see Reid having done.
      Last edited by slag; 02-16-2019, 04:47 PM. Reason: to shorten it
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Kapernick regressed so much as a QB and he became nothing more the an opportunist, IMO. A guy who ended up playing the martyr and people will only remember his first season and think he was always on the cusp of greatness. He’ll be remembered as a guy who was jobbed because of a cause.

I followed his career fairly close his last two years, wondering if he was suited for the Eagles. History will never tell the story that he sucked.

Makes you wonder what other bullshit history has taught ...

Comment

It seems now it may have been about the money, not principals.
          And who would want a QB with a 1-10 record in his last 2 years, with his last game
          just having 4 yds. passing late in the 3rd qtr.? Please correct me if this is wrong.

Comment

This is wrong. In his last game he was 17 of 22 for 200ish yards, 1 TD, no INTs and a passer rating of 120.

Comment

Working...
            X