PInnes coming back to Philly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PInnes coming back to Philly.

Said he wants to do podcasts and Philly is the one city that gets him.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

I'm not sure I'd be quick to embrace the narrative that I'm the "one city that gets Josh Innes."
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think he just misses Cheerleaders
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        I think he just misses Cheerleaders
        I actually enjoyed PInnes show to some extent. I think he had the misfortune of not getting along with Spike Eskin and being in Phila. during a completely down time for Philadelphia Sports.

I think he was going to be fired no matter what. Local radio overall has structural issues. I remember listening to his last show on WIP and I thought it was hilarious.

As an aside, back when I was in High School I did an internship at a local radio station. The entire thing was automated, playing songs and clips off of per-recorded carts. This was around 1980-- just imagine the automation they have in place now.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Innes

I enjoyed his show. I think he is talented, he could probably pull off a long form podcast thing like Joe Rogan with more irreverance.
          I look forward to the come back.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            I actually enjoyed PInnes show to some extent. I think he had the misfortune of not getting along with Spike Eskin and being in Phila. during a completely down time for Philadelphia Sports.

I think he was going to be fired no matter what. Local radio overall has structural issues. I remember listening to his last show on WIP and I thought it was hilarious.

As an aside, back when I was in High School I did an internship at a local radio station. The entire thing was automated, playing songs and clips off of per-recorded carts. This was around 1980-- just imagine the automation they have in place now.
            His night show with Mark Farzetta was really fucking funny.

And whoever decided to put Hollis on the air on a regular basis was out of their mind.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

i dunno

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              His night show with Mark Farzetta was really fucking funny.

And whoever decided to put Hollis on the air on a regular basis was out of their mind.
              literal sports radio is some pretty least common denominator shit and even the worst radio personality that's a former bird will sell. The every day WIP morning show crowd isn't exactly high brow and I think Hollis's heavy breathing and giggling sells to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clemson Foreaker View Post
                I enjoyed his show. I think he is talented, he could probably pull off a long form podcast thing like Joe Rogan with more irreverance.
                I look forward to the come back.
                I agree, PInnes is talented, I just think he's an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                X