Howie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie

Could surprise us all and sign Hightower. It would sure up the LB Corp and could Hicks at the WLB. Screw going after those high prices Corners.

They shouldn't be signing any high price players. Not one. That should only happen when they're close. They're not close. Dumpster dive in free agency.

Comment

I agree I want this thing built through the draft. No more fucking band aids

Comment

If these rumored price tags are accurate, I hope they don't sign anyone. See what's left after the smoke clears and hope they can get a couple of schleprocks in the bargain bin.

Comment

You cant fix this shit in one year. This offseason HAS to be improving at WR and CB most importantly. Then LB and OLine need some depth. I do agree that LB is an underrated concern, IMO.

Comment

Lb's were always not important under FF. Hopefully Hodoug. Think differently

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
              You cant fix this shit in one year. This offseason HAS to be improving at WR and CB most importantly. Then LB and OLine need some depth. I do agree that LB is an underrated concern, IMO.
              If you spend wisely, and draft well, you can improve enough problem areas to win the division. Dallas was the best regular season team in the league largely because of two home-run draft picks. Atlanta had three rookies starting on defense in the Super Bowl. You can make a huge leap in one off-season if you do it well.

A couple of good, practical free agent signings and a solid draft and they could be right there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                If you spend wisely, and draft well, you can improve enough problem areas to win the division. Dallas was the best regular season team in the league largely because of two home-run draft picks. Atlanta had three rookies starting on defense in the Super Bowl. You can make a huge leap in one off-season if you do it well.

A couple of good, practical free agent signings and a solid draft and they could be right there.
                I have no problem with them being somewhat active in the FA market. There are holes that can be patched there, IMO.

Just don't commit too much money and/or long term guaranteed money to overpriced FAs
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  I have no problem with them being somewhat active in the FA market. There are holes that can be patched there, IMO.

Just don't commit too much money and/or long term guaranteed money to overpriced FAs
                  Here's one I had fun revisiting...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-philadelphia

Meanwhile, the guy everybody was screaming for the Eagles to sign, Jarius Byrd, is about to be cut halfway through his contract.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Comment

I agree with this. It seems in today's NFL things swing wildly from year to year.

Long term, I think successful teams draft their stars. Steelers, Cowboys last year, etc. The Eagles drafted Wentz, they need to draft his long term #1 receiver and/or running back as well. Then fill holes through free agency. This draft is huge.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I agree with you. Eagles are not far off. They need to upgrade at CB and WR like I said but let's pray Joe Douglas is a great talent evaluator because I don't trust Howie. They upgrade those two positions and they substantially improve from this past year. Having Lane back will be huge as well. Not far off, but need to make some solid signings and who knows if the front office is capable of that at CB and WR. Knowing the past, they struggle with those two positions

Edit to add: especially at CB. WR they made some good draft picks in maclin and DJax but thanks to Harry they are gone
                      Last edited by phillyeagles36; 03-01-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Bwah. Ells was heartbroken
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                          Bwah. Ells was heartbroken
                          Think BGN gets material from this bored?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...w-orleans-news

Comment

this

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Just find some professionals, especially at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              Just find some professionals, especially at WR.
                              I would absolutely double dip in this draft and bring in one pro. And I have no problem with that pro being Desean. Sentimental reasons aside, he brings exactly the kind of attitude and confidence the current group lacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X