Aggravating loss last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggravating loss last night

Wasted a great outing from Arrieta. Blew a great chance for insurance runs in the top of the 9th. Seranthony has been a little off lately.

I hate the way they keep going back to him. I don't mind using him as a high leverage reliever, but Gabe seems to trot him out, for multiple innings on consecutive nights. It's a total new workload for the kid who's first career relief appearance in professional ball came earlier this year!

The kid has 47 career relief appearances (minors and majors) - they need to slow him down a little. Meanwhile, Neshek has been aces, Tommy Hunter has actually come on of late (4 earned runs in the last month), Victor Arano has been a protected but otherwise successful commodity, Austin Davis is a welcome surprise and they have two lefties who are, if nothing else...lefthanded!
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 08-07-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

They just do not play real well on the road. Particularly hitting the ball. Baseball is the easiest sport to play on the road but they are almost like a basketball team with their Home/Road splits.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/...29563056336896

Seranthony w/rest: 0.82 ERA, 8.20 SO/BB

Seranthony when pitching on back-to-back days: 9.82 ERA, 1.38 SO/BB

Comment

Road Schmode ... Hitting Schmitting ... you cannot fuck up a 2-run lead in the bottom of the ninth
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

agreed.

definitely annoying that they blew a chance for insurance runs with 2 on (i think a man on third even) and no out in the top of the 9th though. now they're only one up on the braves and the pitching matchups aren't great for the next two nights.

concerning jut's points, he's absolutely right and there's no reason to work seranthony so much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              definitely annoying that they blew a chance for insurance runs with 2 on (i think a man on third even) and no out in the top of the 9th though. now they're only one up on the braves and the pitching matchups aren't great for the next two nights.
              Back to 1.5 in a sec here.

Comment

Good. Can't count the natitide out yet. But good.

Comment

I've been counting the number of horrific losses they've suffered since the season-opener clusterphuck against the Braves and they're now up to 7....the first Boston game last week was #6. They would be running away with the division if they'd stop beating themselves. They're a resilient bunch, I'll give you that.

Comment

Asdrubal Cabrera RBIs (8/5/-8/7): 6 RBIs

Manny Machado RBIs (Dodgers career): 5 RBIs

#analytics

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                      I've been counting the number of horrific losses they've suffered since the season-opener clusterphuck against the Braves and they're now up to 7....the first Boston game last week was #6. They would be running away with the division if they'd stop beating themselves. They're a resilient bunch, I'll give you that.
                      Every team suffers a handful of horrific losses. That's the nature of baseball and the 162 game schedule.

Comment

Working...
                      X