IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-04-2015, 05:11 PM  
Posted in reply to Sugar12's post starting "The trade can't be evaluated by looking..."
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Riccardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chicken littles never see the bigger picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar12 View Post
The trade can't be evaluated by looking at it like: Is Kiko > McCoy. It's Kiko + Free Agents Signed by creating cap space > McCoy.

I think you are missing that at first glance.
You're surprised?
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:12 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "Ignore what point ?"
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
so it's completely out of bounds to say "give us Alonso and your 2nd, and to use Alonso's ACL injury as leverage ? If Buffalo says no, then you keep working to come to a common ground.
1) Do you know that did or didn't happen?

2) Why is McCoy worth Alonso and a 2nd? I'll bet there are plenty of people that think McCoy isn't even worth a 2nd without a player added on in a RB heavy draft.
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:13 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "So then you have nothing"
Melchior

Quote:
Go back to doing the same shit you always do. The name calling and the other dumb ass antics you pull, because I don't like the trade, but like I said before, I already know what it is with dudes like you. It's not a good deal in my opinion. period. Try to get more. As of now, it doesn't seem like they did that.
https://vimeo.com/98305302

Watch the first play and cheer up. This isn't some Oregon candy ass.

Last edited by Melchior; 03-04-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Melchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:13 PM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "3rd or 4th rounder is what you'd get..."
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect 236 View Post
3rd or 4th rounder is what you'd get for McCoy. In a vacuum, on the field this season, he's worth more than that, but in the grand scheme of it for a team, he's not worth more than that.

Shady is still a top 5 RB, but that's not a position teams place much importance in anymore.
It sucks to think that such a talented player like Shady isn't worth that much, but the truth is, he just isn't in today's NFL.
If I were to trade McCoy in FF he'd get me WAY more than a 4th round pick.
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #65
SCREAMIN EAGLE

SCREAMIN EAGLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
nm
No, but you are hung up on guys that had torn ACL's
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #66
Melchior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
I can't believe they traded for a guy with 2 torn ACLs. They better re-sign Maclin!
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #67
Eagle In Ohio

Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pardon me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
for not being thrilled about trading for a guy coming off of a major knee injury. man, what am I thinking ?
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:47 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "pardon me"
SCREAMIN EAGLE

SCREAMIN EAGLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At the very least...

Quote:
for not being thrilled about trading for a guy coming off of a major knee injury. man, what am I thinking ?
Be happy that they got an $11,000,000 a year declining RB off the books
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:52 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "pardon me"
hoo bleeds green

Quote:
and the cap space it creates. This is a vital caveat to any analysis of the trade...

What if they sign an FA RB to fill the gap for half the money? Say, Mark Ingram? Does Ingram + 5 million + Alonso look better? This is impossible to judge until we see what happens in FA.

Last edited by hoo bleeds green; 03-04-2015 at 05:52 PM.
hoo bleeds green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #70
Sugar12

This EIO?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7z_zxQ4c8

Sorry if already posted.

Last edited by Sugar12; 03-04-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Sugar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:56 PM  
Posted in reply to TerpEagle's post starting "1) Do you know that did or didn't..."
Ellsworth

Don't forget the eagles were also doing buffalo a favor by taking on Kiko's contract.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 05:58 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "Don't forget the eagles were also doing..."
hoo bleeds green

Grantland article:

Quote:
What will the Eagles do with all of that space?

It opens up all kinds of possibilities. This is a scary thing to say after Philadelphia lived through the Dream Team, but the Eagles can sign whomever they want in free agency. Ndamukong Suh? The Eagles can comfortably give him a hefty signing bonus and an enormous guaranteed first-year base salary without having to corrupt their cap in years to come. Byron Maxwell might as well pack his bags now. Devin McCourty is in play. And this makes Jeremy Maclin easier to re-sign if the Eagles are interested. If you can dream it, the Eagles can do it.

The most interesting options, though, are a pair of offensive weapons Kelly might find to his liking. McCoy’s impending departure means the top running back on Philadelphia’s roster will be Chris Polk, with Darren Sproles limited to a situational role. Could the Eagles be interested in going after DeMarco Murray, a move that would weaken their division rivals in Dallas while giving Kelly a more consistent back who was fourth in the league in Success Rate last season?2 Or could the Eagles go after 24-year-old Packers star Randall Cobb, whose versatility could allow Kelly to line him up anywhere on the field as a mismatch?

There are reasons to argue against both options; Murray is coming off a year of overuse in Dallas, and the 5-foot-10 Cobb is hardly the sort of big, physical receiver Kelly seems to favor when he’s making the personnel calls. But it’s clear that part of this trade revolves around what the Eagles do with the cap space they’ve cleared out. McCoy for Alonso is curious. McCoy for Alonso and Cobb? That’s a lot more appealing if you’re an Eagles fan.
Unread 03-04-2015, 06:25 PM  
Posted in reply to Sugar12's post starting "This EIO?: ..."
Riccardo
Baba de caracol

Riccardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar12 View Post
This EIO?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7z_zxQ4c8

Sorry if already posted.
hilarious!
Unread 03-04-2015, 06:33 PM  
Posted in reply to Riccardo's post "HAHAHA"
Eagle Road

Bwwaaahhhh!!! "Where's my knife at? I'm cutting my MF'ing throat"!!!!!
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 06:34 PM  
Posted in reply to Riccardo's post "HAHAHA"
Raptor

Raptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You fucked up!! You fucked up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
hilarious!
..you pink ass Winnie the Pooh looking motherfucker!!!
Unread 03-04-2015, 07:15 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "I disagree"
rdog5

Quote:
doesn't hurt anything to ask, even if it sounds ridiculous. You ask, Buffalo balks, you keep negotiating.
Typical EIO. His opinion is fact. Of course Chip didn't ask for more because EIO says so. Who cares about facts when you have your opinion.
rdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 09:31 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "I disagree"
common wealth

I still don't think you've said what you think McCoy's trade value is, just that they "should have asked for more."

A running back with 6 years of service isn't worth a whole lot. I don't love the idea of trading for a guy coming off of his second ACL injury, but I do think that they can come close to replacing McCoy's production at less cost.

If they can replace the production and save money it's a good move, if they can do that and add a good young starting linebacker it's a really good move, especially if they think McCoy is going to start declining. That being said, if McCoy is great for a few more years and Alonso has recurring injuries it is clearly a mistake.

Last edited by common wealth; 03-04-2015 at 09:33 PM.
common wealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 10:15 PM  
Posted in reply to common wealth's post starting "I still don't think you've said what..."
Eagle In Ohio

Default To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by common wealth View Post
I still don't think you've said what you think McCoy's trade value is, just that they "should have asked for more."

A running back with 6 years of service isn't worth a whole lot. I don't love the idea of trading for a guy coming off of his second ACL injury, but I do think that they can come close to replacing McCoy's production at less cost.

If they can replace the production and save money it's a good move, if they can do that and add a good young starting linebacker it's a really good move, especially if they think McCoy is going to start declining. That being said, if McCoy is great for a few more years and Alonso has recurring injuries it is clearly a mistake.
His value is Alonso and a draft pick. I've been consistent on that. I wouldn't have done the deal unless Buffalo was willing to throw in a pick. If I were making the deal, I would have started by asking for the second rounder. If Buffalo didn't want to do that, then I would have kept negotiating, until Buffalo decided to throw in a pick. If they didn't, I wouldn't have made the deal.
Unread 03-04-2015, 10:19 PM  
Posted in reply to rdog5's post starting "Typical EIO. His opinion is fact. Of..."
Eagle In Ohio

Default If the report is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdog5 View Post
Typical EIO. His opinion is fact. Of course Chip didn't ask for more because EIO says so. Who cares about facts when you have your opinion.
That it only took 20 minutes to get the deal done, how much negotiating do you really think went on ? How many "blockbuster trades" get done in 20 minutes ?
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:30 AM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "If the report is true"
PackWest

The finalization allegedly took 20 minutes, but GMs talk all the time about who or what is available and what they want

McCoy was certainly shopped - at which point you'd know the relative compensation available from other teams wouldn't you ?

The Bills have a new coach, a new stadium to fill and the previous regime sent multiple draft picks to Cleveland to get Watkins. The Bills gave up their number 1 and number 4 in 2015 and you think they'd agree to trade away the 2nd rounder too ?

They aren't in a position to give up any more picks and they needed to make an offensive splash to augment the solid defense

The conversation was steered towards players and each team talks about what they want. Andrew Brandt talked about it on his podcast in general terms, he wasn't in on this deal. Lots of horsetrading discussions happen, most don't come to fruition

Cap is king. The eagles traded the past for the future. Alonso is ascending, McCoy is descending. Its not even close in terms of career arc or compensation.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ys-production/

Last edited by PackWest; 03-05-2015 at 12:54 AM.
PackWest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emo in ohio, wangnut in ohio