Eagles turned down #35 from Brownies for Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles turned down #35 from Brownies for Foles

Because you simply don’t dump the man who just won us out first SB title by sending him to Cleveland, I actually think it’s illegal as well as immoral

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...e-offer-browns

Foles didn't want to go either. He would rather stay as a backup in a good situation.

Comment

Glad we (they) didn’t make that deal. I’d have been intrigued if pick 33 was offered and could have snagged Will Hernandez as a future OL piece (and kept him from a division rival in the process).

nick Chubb was pick 35. Eagles likely would have moved Back for more ammo or Taken somebody else. Courtland Sutton was there.

Comment

#35 is really on the border of what i would have taken. i think in past years they would have gotten a first, but teams may be getting smarter about what they give up for QBs. it's nice to have BDN back, but if you had told me before the draft that they could get more for him than the pats would have for jimmy g, i probably would have been fine with it.

Comment

I'm with you. There's no guarantee that Wentz will stay healthy and this team's window is open right now. I think they like Sudfeld but he could probably use another year.

I love that they asked Nick what he wanted to do.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

How sweet would it have been to steal Hernandez from the Vagiants and Goedert from the c*ntboys though?

Comment

You don’t resign Sproles unless you’re reloading for a repeat

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I'm with you. There's no guarantee that Wentz will stay healthy and this team's window is open right now. I think they like Sudfeld but he could probably use another year.

I love that they asked Nick what he wanted to do.
              To that end, until the actual games are played in shorts and hopscotch is allowed, Carson still needs to take some hits before the thought of trading Foles should be an issue worth discussing. Carson moving well now is fun to watch but it’s May.

Comment

This team is built to win a super bowl in 2018-19, but after next year, there will be some serious reloading and changing of the guard. With a healthy Wentz, the sky is the limit but the 2019-20 team seems like it won't look a lot like the 2018 squad.

Comment

Sproles isn't even a lock to make the team. But I don't think the Eagles are ever going to enter a season in the Pederson/Wentz area without SB aspirations (nor do most teams ever).

Comment

I want Nick Foles running out there when they hoist the championship banner

If Carson Wentz wants to be out there I am cool with that. He played a big part in the season... especially securing home field throughout the playoffs.

But Foles ran the Eagles through an undefeated playoff run. I think he deserves his moment on this upcoming Thursday night. Let them both hoist the banner.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                    X