We lost for several reasons but biggest is bc Brooks got hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost for several reasons but biggest is bc Brooks got hurt

Once that happened the run game was non existent.

Period.

And Foles flat out stunk after the first Q.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-14-2019, 08:06 AM.

I agree.

Also, the turning point was the interception to Ertz followed by a long drive and score, plus the injury bug in that series.

Comment

The first pick was the killer. No need to throw that. Foles was dicing NO up with the short stuff. Get up 21-0 there and the Saints would have panicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        I agree.

Also, the turning point was the interception to Ertz followed by a long drive and score, plus the injury bug in that series.
        I'll forever have that INT stuck in my memory as a good throw from Nick would've put us up 21-0 which would've put the Saints in panic mode considering how our D was performing up to that point.

This game was ripe for the taking and we let them crawl back into the game....soooo damn frustrating.

I went for a long walk in the raw snowy night after the game to decompress from the emotional, depressing way this game eventually unfolded.

Comment

Ertz had the defender by about 2 steps though. Ertz either scores or gets hauled down around the 5 with an over-the-shoulder throw.

As much as I trash Schwartz, Im inclined to give him another very short leash. The injuries in the secondary was a b@tch all year. But the point I want to bring up is that the defense’s inability to get off the field because of long sustaining drives is a momentum killer for the offense.

Schwartz needs to improve in this area a lot, or the Eagles need to get a guy with a better feel and had less adversity to risk.

Comment

As much as I trash Schwartz, Im inclined to give him another very short leash. The injuries in the secondary was a b@tch all year. But the point I want to bring up is that the defense’s inability to get off the field because of long sustaining drives is a momentum killer for the offense.
            With the injuries to the secondary, he's gotta be given another shot. He lost his centerfield deep safety for the year, and his 1st, 2nd and 3rd best cover corners for most of the season. We get critical of the completed 3rd downs, but different calls may have resulted in long TDs.

Fire the training staff, keep Schwartz to see what he does with the new young depth in the secondary.

Comment

Ertz had the defender by about 2 steps though. Ertz either scores or gets hauled down around the 5 with an over-the-shoulder throw.

Schwartz needs to improve in this area a lot, or the Eagles need to get a guy with a better feel and had less adversity to risk.
              You can argue that the talent and situations make using the four man rush logical but it is just so predictable. A QB know exactly what is coming in every situation.

Comment

My recollection on the replay was that he was under pressure when he heaved it up and couldn't get enough on it.

I like him trusting receivers to make a play on the ball but I agree with RSE that he didn't need to take that shot when they were moving with a 14-0 lead.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

There was one play when, as usual, his obvious four-man rush didn't get there on 3d and 14 or some shit and two Eagle defenders were standing still like fucking telephone poles in their assigned spots as the Taint receiver moved to the open space between them and caught an easy throw for the first down.

I wanted to throw my Corona at the screen in the bar.
                  Last edited by slag; 01-14-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I went back and looked at the replay. He had an excellent pocket and no pressure at all. Nobody within 5 feet or more.

Comment

I went back and looked at the replay. He had an excellent pocket and no pressure at all. Nobody within 5 feet or more.

Comment

Agreed.

No fun looking back at any of it.

Comment

Foles wasn't stepping in to his long balls. I think he was still feeling that hit from three weeks ago.

Comment

Yup, you're spot-on. He didn't have much pressure to speak of as he simply moved slowly to one side, planted and threw the ball pretty-much uncontested. He just underthrew him by a couple of steps or that would've been a certain TD.

I'm not bashing Nick by any stretch...it happens but it was one of the key plays of the game which allowed them to rise from the canvas. A TD there and the Saints would've been a world of trouble particularly the way our D had been playing up to that point.

Comment

Makes the decision worse then, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X