Blount signs with Detroit 4.5m deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
    Patrick Robinson signing with the Saints hurts the most. He had a great season, has yet to be replaced, and joins the team that poses the greatest threat to another Eagles’ Super Bowl appearance.
    By far. Didn't mean to exclude him. I was a big proponent of bringing him back.

Comment

Out of all the losses, this one will hurt the most...mark my words! The respect he commanded from opposing defenses opened up a lot of things for our offense. He added an element to the offense that even Ajayi can't add...a bruising nastiness. I'll miss that element! After Bradham, he was the one player I always felt we needed back. I realize there was never a chance that we were gonna come close to $4.5 but it still sucks and I know I'm not the only one who's a little worried...

Comment

OUCH..THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARK.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Really I think this is one of the least important departures.

Comment

Correct, Howie has learned not to over pay and the core is still here and even stronger then last year
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

LOSING AN OLD SCHOOL POWER BULLDOZER RUNNING BACK IS NOT A GOOD THING. I KNOW HE'S GETTING UP THERE, BUT HE HAS AT LEAST ONE MORE GOOD YEAR IN HIM.
              IGGS PROBABLY OFFERED SAME MONEY AS LAST YEAR, BUT SAID GO GET MORE IF YOU CAN.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Blount is the loss I don’t like.

The smash mouth aspect of the Eagles running game must be replaced by another back. Blount seemed to be a great teammate and leader too. I will always respect that dude for what he brought. Not quite as impactful from a performance stand point, but he brought what Pete Rose brought to the Phillies.

I think some of the off season moves have been really good. And signing Bradham was huge. He’s a three down LB who brings the wood. Not a lot of those guys out there. I feel good with Kendrick, Bradham and Hicks back.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Blount is the loss I don’t like.

The smash mouth aspect of the Eagles running game must be replaced by another back. Blount seemed to be a great teammate and leader too. I will always respect that dude for what he brought. Not quite as impactful from a performance stand point, but he brought what Pete Rose brought to the Phillies.

I think some of the off season moves have been really good. And signing Bradham was huge. He’s a three down LB who brings the wood. Not a lot of those guys out there. I feel good with Kendrick, Bradham and Hicks back.
                  I'll be shocked if Kendricks isn't moved before the draft is over.

Comment

I liked Blount 'an all, but this is (and should be) Carson Wentz's team ... and Ajayii was pretty fucking beastly with yards after contact.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Damn...I nailed it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                        Damn...I nailed it!!!
                        Don't let the one yard TD dives fool you. Blount's only averaging 2.5 yards a carry. You don't pay 4.5M for that.

Gotta go with J Cuz. Robinson is the bigger loss. But he's on IR so maybe they were fkked either way.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Ajayi and Clement averaging 4 YPC. Smallwood averaging 6. The backs we kept over him haven't been the issue. The injuries have been.

I'm thankful to Blount for being a part of that Super Bowl run, but I think people tend to remember his few big bruising runs and forget that between poor pass blocking, no receiving skills and relative mediocreness at times, there was a reason Howie went out and got Ajayi and that Clement was used more and more as the year went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            Ajayi and Clement averaging 4 YPC. Smallwood averaging 6. The backs we kept over him haven't been the issue. The injuries have been.

I'm thankful to Blount for being a part of that Super Bowl run, but I think people tend to remember his few big bruising runs and forget that between poor pass blocking, no receiving skills and relative mediocreness at times, there was a reason Howie went out and got Ajayi and that Clement was used more and more as the year went on.
                            This.

Comment

Blount brought more to the team than just his production on the field. Good locker room guy and a knowledgeable veteran player.

Lions have looked a lot better since Blount was ejected for protecting his QB in week 2 and I don't think that is a coincidence.

Comment

Jenkins, Long, Cox, Sproles, Kelce, Foles, Wentz, hell, even Dougie P. How many more locker room guys do they need? If LG Blount not being in their locker room is the root cause of this slow start, I think they have bigger problems than any of us can even begin to imagine.

The way I see it, they're fat and happy from the Bowl, they're extremely banged up, the bounces that went their way last year aren't this year, Doug's adjusting to no Reich and Flip, Schwartz is still stubborn as the day is long, their franchise QB is still working his way back from a reconstructed knee and nobody but Belichick (and Carroll if he ran it with Beast Mode) repeats.

Comment

Working...
                                X