Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Groh, promote Deuce to OC and bring Flip back as QB coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Groh, promote Deuce to OC and bring Flip back as QB coach.

I should run this team, I'm telling you!!

I'm glad you don't
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I should clarify ... I want a more established coach as the OC, someone with a track record of calling plays and setting game plans ... not Staley

Comment

Defillipo would be the OC. I think you bring him in as a special assistant this year and see what happens next year. Problem is, I don't think Doug would do Groh like that and I can't see Groh being comfortable with it. Might make the room worse.

Comment

There's a reason that Duce didn't get the OC job.

Firing someone to make room for a guy that got fired would definitely create a weird vibe. DeFillipo comes back as assistant for the rest of the year. He still could be an HC candidate in 2019.

Comment

I give a shit about Groh's comfort?

Comment

Why would you ever want a pass-happy failure as your OC?
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Who cares? You do what you can to make your team better. True, there's only 3 games left in the season, but with the Panthers and Vikes free falling, there's a chance that even 8 wins gets this team into the WC.

Comment

Maybe because he was intregal in getting that shiny trophy. And I think really, the Vikings wanted to prove they didn't give Cousins 84M for nothing.

Comment

You don't

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    I give a shit about Groh's comfort?
                    Doug does. but also, I don't think they're going to outright fire Groh and replace him with Flip with 3 games left. If they add him while looking like Groh's about to get the axe at the end of the season, I'm not sure how promising that really is. I dunno, just seems weird.

Comment

have to edit that...MAY STILL Be a HC

Need to go out and Find the next Frank Reich..make him the OC

fire Shwartz yesterday and get a guy in here who knows how to coach a team to tackle well, and can call a blitz on 3-17 that forces a hot throw,,,I'm done with the Muther fucking excuses!
                      Last edited by TRENT; 12-11-2018, 02:22 PM.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Definitely no way DeFillipo just steps in as OC after a year with another team. I think firing Taylor is the somewhat realistic thing that would create a weird vibe and therefore won't happen.

Comment

If he's helping our underachieving QB, then yes, but I don't want him running the offense.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                            If he's helping our underachieving QB, then yes, but I don't want him running the offense.
                            In that case, make Flip and Duce co-OCs. Let them work out the offensive game plan with their different perspectives, and then let Doug sort it out from the menu card.

Comment

Agreed. If you saw Sunday's Chef's (sp) game, Fandy spends time with Mahomes A LOT. Carson goes to the bench (after slamming his helmet) and stares at his MS Surface. Boi needs human coaching up.
                              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X