Who do defenses cover now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do defenses cover now?

Alshon, Ertz, large targets or the shifty Agholar and Tate?

Going to give defenses headaches, more so when Clement and Smallwood are coming out of the backfield.

A lot of mismatch potential if the Oline can stay intact.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Dallas and Matthews are there, too. Just gotta keep pass rushers off the QB.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Yeah, they can really create a lot of mismatch problems now. There are only so many balls to go around, but I think this will help Wentz feel comfortable, and open up the running game.

Comment

It’s great on paper if the OL can give Wentz a clean pocket. That’s been a big part of or problem on O.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          It’s great on paper if the OL can give Wentz a clean pocket. That’s been a big part of or problem on O.
          Yeah, lack of receivers hasn't really been a problem. No question Tate is an upgrade though. We'll probably see 75 percent passes now.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

stole my post

Tate can't block, or defend a pass...I dunno,,,I'm reserve on my koolaid consumption
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I’d say OL

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
              Alshon, Ertz, large targets or the shifty Agholar and Tate?

Going to give defenses headaches, more so when Clement and Smallwood are coming out of the backfield.

A lot of mismatch potential if the Oline can stay intact.
              Unless Ginger can get rid of the ball in under a second.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Wanna give Wentz a clean pocket?

Run the fucking ball.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Run the fucking ball.
                  Not likely to run more with their new passing toy.

Comment

Doesn't change the concept that an "honest" defense is easier to pass block.

I sure as shit have neither the time nor the ability, but I'd be interested to see someone break down film and do an analysis on how much Wentz impacts the run game when making RPO decisions.
                    Last edited by slag; 10-31-2018, 12:53 PM. Reason: typo
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Not likely to run more with their new passing toy.
                      IT MAY BREAK OPEN RUN GAME MORE, WITH THE THREAT OF A PASS GAME.

I'D LIKE TO SEE ADAMS GET THE BALL MORE.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Run the fucking ball.
                        BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Allows team to be more competitive

With Tate, the passing offense is better. This likely means more emphasis on the passing game for the purpose of giving Clement time to recover from his injuries for the stretch run in December.

I think the strategy for the Eagles is to take pressure off the defense by trying to make every game a shootout. Until the defense gets better (maybe if Jernigan comes back), this may be the Eagles MO.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                            IT MAY BREAK OPEN RUN GAME MORE, WITH THE THREAT OF A PASS GAME.

I'D LIKE TO SEE ADAMS GET THE BALL MORE.
                            The Eagles already have the threat of a pass game.

Maybe Tate sets the world on fire. Most likely he just takes targets away from Ertz, Jeffrey, Agholor and Goedert. He's worth a third round pick for sure but I don't see how he makes a big change in the offense. They got ninety yards out of Matthews last week.

The problem I see with the Eagles offense isn't a lack of possesion receivers. They need a dependable running back who can pound inside, pick up blitzes, run on running downs. They also need to USE that back. Could be Adams. Too soon to tell. Can't be putting the ball on the ground for sure.

I think the point scoring slide is partially because Carson is not quite back mentally yet. His decision making still looks a split-second off. He'll get there.

Also would be nice not to see the defense crumble every time the team gets up ten points.

Comment

Two straight games now the Eagles drove 90+ yards for a touchdown and the defense immediately gave up a touchdown (in the case of Carolina, three touchdowns).

Comment

Working...
                              X