X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha!

Fish on!

Comment

3rd or 4th rounder is what you'd get for McCoy. In a vacuum, on the field this season, he's worth more than that, but in the grand scheme of it for a team, he's not worth more than that.

Shady is still a top 5 RB, but that's not a position teams place much importance in anymore.
      It sucks to think that such a talented player like Shady isn't worth that much, but the truth is, he just isn't in today's NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        From the angle that you got nowhere near what you gave up in return. You got a LB with one year of actual playing experience, coming of of an ACL tear, and he's had problems with his hip. Guys get traded all the time, but it's in the team's best interest to get the most you can when you trade RB coming off of 1,600 and 1,300 YARD seasons.
        You gave up 1300 yards and five touchdowns and shedded 10 million in cap space. Do you actually think the run game is going to suffer next year because mccoy isn't here? How many teams do you think would actually pay him that let alone give up draft picks for the right to pay him that?

Comment

I don't think most teams value running backs as highly as you do. When fans put together their fantasy trades to get Mariota and throw McCoy in the mix, the reaction is always the same: A running back - even McCoy - would not have much value in a trade.

The Jackson cut was way more baffling to me than this. If they use the cap space to stack the D and replace Shady with someone like Ingram, I can live with it.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

So they've got 50 million in cap space

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
            You gave up 1300 yards and five touchdowns and shedded 10 million in cap space. Do you actually think the run game is going to suffer next year because mccoy isn't here? How many teams do you think would actually pay him that let alone give up draft picks for the right to pay him that?
            big deal. when Banner was here, and they were cap champions, hoarding every single penny, that didn't bring a trophy. When they finaly decided to go all in, and went into Dream Team mode, that didn't bring a trophy either. You just traded a 26 year old RB, who gained 1,300 yards behind a line that was patchwork for most of last season. Try to get more than a player whose two years in, and already coming off of ACL surgery.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

big deal. when Banner was here, and they were cap champions, hoarding every single penny, that didn't bring a trophy. When they finaly decided to go all in, and went into Dream Team mode, that didn't bring a trophy either. You just traded a 26 year old RB, who gained 1,300 yards behind a line that was patchwork for most of last season. Try to get more than a player whose two years in, and already coming off of ACL surgery.
              Why would any team give up a draft pick for Mccoy? There are other premium backs coming into free agency that you could just sign let alone give up a young lb or a draft pick on top of it. I get it, you're butt hurt, but the truth is mccoy or any other rb isn't worth that money. If they use that money to get mcourty or Maxwell, then you just traded mccoy for mccourty or maxwell and kiko.

Comment

A 26 yr old RB that has more carries in his career than any other RB in the NFL is about 43 yrs old in real years. The dropoff for RB's at the age of 26 is astonishing. McCoy will be 27 in July.

Comment

jeez

you sound like a spurned lover

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

He had the same withdraw when Djacc's was sent packing.

I think I will just wait and see what the product looks like after TC.

Comment

You got the inside scoop

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                      Why would any team give up a draft pick for Mccoy? There are other premium backs coming into free agency that you could just sign let alone give up a young lb or a draft pick on top of it. I get it, you're butt hurt, but the truth is mccoy or any other rb isn't worth that money. If they use that money to get mcourty or Maxwell, then you just traded mccoy for mccourty or maxwell and kiko.
                      on McCourty and / or Maxwell coming here ? You've been having conversations with Chip ? Yeah, i'm butt hurt. Pardon me for expecting the front office to actually make sound trades and get the most they can for a running back who's far from washed up.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I sound like a spurned lover

because I actually expect them to at least ASK for a draft pick to come back with Alonso ?? You guys are ridiculous. You would think we traded Polk, and not Shady.

Comment

because I actually expect them to at least ASK for a draft pick to come back with Alonso ?? You guys are ridiculous. You would think we traded Polk, and not Shady.
                          Where does it say they didn't?

Comment

You obviously are misguided on how NFL trades work and compensation for RB's that are past their prime

Comment

Do you just disregard what you don't want to hear but know is true

on McCourty and / or Maxwell coming here ? You've been having conversations with Chip ? Yeah, i'm butt hurt. Pardon me for expecting the front office to actually make sound trades and get the most they can for a running back who's far from washed up.
                              Because you're butt hurt? What trade value do you think a running back with a 12m cap number carries? What more did you think they were going to get? Aaron Rogers?

Obviously I haven't been talking to chip, but people have been cut. The defense will be getting some help. Stop being an irrational cunt.

Comment

So then you're saying to me

Where does it say they didn't?
                                Chip is talking to Buffalo about a trade. Chip says "we'll give you McCoy for Alonso and a pick". Buffalo says, "no picks. Alonso for McCoy, straight up." Chip says, "okay, that works". You call that a sound trade ? All I'm saying, is what could possibly be wrong with trying to get as much as you possibly can ?

Comment

Working...
                                X