Ok, the initial shock has worn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, the initial shock has worn off

but I still am convinced that the Eagles got fleeced in this deal. There's no way that this is the absolute best deal that Chip could have gotten for Shady, and if it WAS the best deal available, then you don't pull the trigger. Period. Personally, I'm not even entertaining that deal if Buffalo isn't willing to include their second rounder. Did Chip even ASK Buffalo for picks ? Sorry, but LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso straight up isn't even close to equal. I wonder if Rex is sitting back laughing his ass of right now.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

If their goal is MM and we got picks I would be more understanding

that I could understand,,,Chipper wants to be the next Bilicheat,,he see's Bill win with a great Qb, and just about anyone at WR or RB...they pick up Blount and boom,,,Ring,, So in his mind he wants to put the $$$$$ at QB and Offensive and Defensive Line..

Still this was the best you could get for a top 5 RB most rushing yards in the NFL over the last 5 years??? 26 YO no less.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      but I still am convinced that the Eagles got fleeced in this deal. There's no way that this is the absolute best deal that Chip could have gotten for Shady, and if it WAS the best deal available, then you don't pull the trigger. Period. Personally, I'm not even entertaining that deal if Buffalo isn't willing to include their second rounder. Did Chip even ASK Buffalo for picks ? Sorry, but LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso straight up isn't even close to equal. I wonder if Rex is sitting back laughing his ass of right now.
      Twenty minutes start to finish. Apparently not much negotiating involved.

Http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=Twitter_news
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Sickening

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I mean, sickening.
        DB

Comment

Here's how the phone call went.

Chip: Rex, would you give us Alonso for McCoy?

Rex: McCoy who?

Chip: You know, our running back.

Rex: Lesean McCoy?

Chip: Yeah. Could we get Kiki Alonso for him?

Rex: Could you hold on for a minute?

(Rex puts speaker on mute while Bills front office personnel laugh and giggle like little schoolgirls.)

Rex: I think I could get Terry and Kim to sign off on that. But no draft pick?

Chip: I wasn't asking for a draft pick too.

Rex: I meant for us, from you.

Chip: I don't think I can get Jeff to let me throw in a pick too.

Rex: Its a deal. You drive a hard bargain, Chip.
          Last edited by RSE; 03-04-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

and he didn't even ASK for picks

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Unbelievable.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I have been listening to a few different opinions on the satelite radio this am on NFL, ESPN and Schein on Mad Dog and most of the opinons are that the Eagles made a good trade. I think that Shady had lost his top end quickness and that he is a player with diminishing skills. Honestly RB is the easiest and cheapest position going now. Not sure that we are going to get a 2000 yd back, but 1200-1500 is available and affordable. I personally would like to see a more physical back so we can score on the goal line instead of bouncing around trying to find a hole to hit.

Time will tell if this is a good trade and whether Chip survives this controversial move.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Its what Im hearing too

I posted earlier about his Td's 5 all last year. Chip see's this as a chance to improve his goal line offense at a much reduced price.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

The offense is designed for a one cut back

Shady's a 5 cut back.

Comment

it's not that hard to comprehend

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                    Rb isn't worth 10,000,000 in chips offense. You guys seem to think other teams should be fighting each other for the chance to pay a rb 10mil. They will get incredibly similar production from that position for a fraction of the price. I don't like seeing mccoy go but it makes sense.

Comment

yeah but

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                      Rb isn't worth 10,000,000 in chips offense. You guys seem to think other teams should be fighting each other for the chance to pay a rb 10mil. They will get incredibly similar production from that position for a fraction of the price. I don't like seeing mccoy go but it makes sense.
                      they cut desean jackson for nothing!!!!

Comment

No, it doesn't make sense

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        From the angle that you got nowhere near what you gave up in return. You got a LB with one year of actual playing experience, coming of of an ACL tear, and he's had problems with his hip. Guys get traded all the time, but it's in the team's best interest to get the most you can when you trade RB coming off of 1,600 and 1,300 YARD seasons.

Comment

This post makes me feel even better about the move.

Comment

You or I or the fans don't know what he asked for. LeSean, as much as I liked him, signed his own walking papers--just as Jackson did--when he made it public he wouldn't be taking less money to restructure his contract. Alonso is in his 3rd year, although coming off an injury, and McCoy is in his 7th year, at a physically demanding position, to which the shelf lfe is about 4-5 years usually. He already has over what, 1800 carries in his 6 years?

Comment

Anything to help, brother.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              This post makes me feel even better about the move.
                              Yeah, we didn't need an extra second round pick. Too many picks just makes the draft all messy.

Comment

Working...
                              X