IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:19 AM   #1
Irish George
 
Irish George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Great White Sand, South Jersey Shore, NJ
Posts:
Irish George is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shady gravedancing should not be tolerated

Jury's out for me on this trade as you can make solid arguments for and against, but tearing down Shady to justify it is the worst. All he did was have an off-year and still rush for more than 1,300 yards. The year before was the best single season for an Eagles running back I ever saw. Yes he has a lot of treadwear but Shady still has plenty in the tank.
__________________
Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
May 7, 2010




Irish George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:28 AM   #2
bobbyuk
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mitcham, United Kingdom.
Posts:
bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I think Kelly goes back and realized he needed to rebuild this defense. He would liked to have kept Cole but they couldn't agree on a restructure. So he's gone. He needed a starter on the inside so he went with someone he knew even though he was coming off injury. He had to give up something of value and it wasn't going to be draft picks and it wasn't going to be Foles. That perhaps should tell us how he feels about Foles. There were rumours last year they tried to trade for Spiller and now he's a FA. So the only valuable piece they have left is Shady. Now as you say IG, he had a very good year behind a sub par offensive line last year and a brilliant year in '13. But to me and maybe to Kelly, instead of running straight North-South, he would dance around too much and that's what gave him a lot of negative numbers last year. I'm convinced he's going to trade back and secure more draft picks and draft Hundley, not Mariota.
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
The Ref
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
The Ref is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I actually feel pity for you people. It will be at least a decade before another regime digs out of the detritus left by Harry. Some of you will be dead before the team sees .500 again.
The Ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:45 AM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "I think Kelly goes back and realized he..."
#4
iowaigglefan
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
iowaigglefan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyuk View Post
I think Kelly goes back and realized he needed to rebuild this defense. He would liked to have kept Cole but they couldn't agree on a restructure. So he's gone. He needed a starter on the inside so he went with someone he knew even though he was coming off injury. He had to give up something of value and it wasn't going to be draft picks and it wasn't going to be Foles. That perhaps should tell us how he feels about Foles. There were rumours last year they tried to trade for Spiller and now he's a FA. So the only valuable piece they have left is Shady. Now as you say IG, he had a very good year behind a sub par offensive line last year and a brilliant year in '13. But to me and maybe to Kelly, instead of running straight North-South, he would dance around too much and that's what gave him a lot of negative numbers last year. I'm convinced he's going to trade back and secure more draft picks and draft Hundley, not Mariota.
I agree Bobbyuk -- It had to make him puke watching that walking turd Matthews attempt to pretend to be a linebacker. Oh happy days Oh happy days Matthews might finally be cut. He has stolen enough from this team and its fans.
iowaigglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:49 AM   #5
iowaigglefan
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
iowaigglefan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish George View Post
Jury's out for me on this trade as you can make solid arguments for and against, but tearing down Shady to justify it is the worst. All he did was have an off-year and still rush for more than 1,300 yards. The year before was the best single season for an Eagles running back I ever saw. Yes he has a lot of treadwear but Shady still has plenty in the tank.
Ill miss Shady, prob my fav player. But in the grand scheme of things to be successful this team needed some massive changes on defense not offense. We are going to lose a lot but hopefully we gain more, with the new kid at middle linebacker and the dollar diff of close to 20 million in salary over the next 2 yrs and spend that on some key free agents to bulk this defense up.
iowaigglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #6
Susquehanna Birder
 
Susquehanna Birder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Valhalla
Posts:
Susquehanna Birder
Default

Is it grave dancing to say that I wasn't terribly surprised? And to explain why? Or should I just shut up and let the hand-wringers go on?
__________________
"Please stop, they are not going to no fucking SB with Nick Foles." - Smegma
Susquehanna Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM  
Posted in reply to The Ref's post starting "I actually feel pity for you people. It..."
#7
Susquehanna Birder
 
Susquehanna Birder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Valhalla
Posts:
Susquehanna Birder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ref View Post
you people
Pretty much describes your relationship with this community.
__________________
"Please stop, they are not going to no fucking SB with Nick Foles." - Smegma
Susquehanna Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
JuTMSY4
 
JuTMSY4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Right side of the Delaware
Posts:
JuTMSY4 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
Is it grave dancing to say that I wasn't terribly surprised? And to explain why? Or should I just shut up and let the hand-wringers go on?
There were talks about actually cutting him for cap space. CUTTING HIM! If that's true, this is at least a better return.

At the least, Chip sold Shady high or very near high, albeit with a crooked cap number. Whether he'll eat his words on Shady's production (or the Eagles' lack thereof) is another matter. The stat nerds suggest he wasn't nearly as productive as his first level metrics suggest. One can take that however one wants...
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "There were talks about actually cutting..."
#9
Susquehanna Birder
 
Susquehanna Birder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Valhalla
Posts:
Susquehanna Birder
Default

I have no bad feelings for the guy, but yeah...it was a possibility that his tenure was done, or close to it.
__________________
"Please stop, they are not going to no fucking SB with Nick Foles." - Smegma
Susquehanna Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
TerpEagle
 
TerpEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ballmer Canny, Merlin
Posts:
TerpEagle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
I have no bad feelings for the guy, but yeah...it was a possibility that his tenure was done, or close to it.
This is how I feel. I loved him as an Eagle but RBs are not that valuable and can fall off the cliff quickly. I figured there was a good chance he'd be gone this off-season if he didn't take a pay cut although I figured it would be part of a draft day trade.

Like I said about Brian Dawkins, I hope he loses to the Eagles on February 7th, 2016.
__________________
--
Your Retarded
TerpEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
name the disgraces, up in here

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS