Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 Danny Watkins "overhand right to spouse's jaw" pick is in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 Danny Watkins "overhand right to spouse's jaw" pick is in!

This year's winner of the Danny Twatkins "lose my fucking shit" award is.......

Tampaxton Lynch!

I Want no part of him at 8. None. I will freak the fuck out if they reach for him. But, I'd own this sweet nickname if he is the pick

3rd round nominee: Sister Chrisian Hackenberg

I don't think either will happen like I feared Twatkins but now I'm on record.

Who are your 2016 submissions?
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-18-2016, 07:02 AM.

Nope, you nailed it. My reaction to Lynch would probably be the closest thing in some time to the Brandon Graham over sure-fire all pro at a position of desperate need, Earl Thomas. Terrible waste of a top ten pick.

I could actually live with Hackenberg in the 3rd, I suppose. At least he looked like a stud in O'Brien's offense as a freshman.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I watched Lynch a few times: against Temple, against Auburn in a bowl game, and also a little in the combine. Not impressed. Based on what I saw, I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.
      Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 04-18-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Even with BOB sister Christian had a completion % under 60.

I wouldn't take him in the 7th. Hard to fix accuracy issues. You either have it or don't more often than not.

Comment

exactly correct

not impressed at all. Temple destroyed him. You cant coach size, I guess that's what has the draft geeks so excited. The guy who was blowing him here claimed to have seen him six times but wouldn't say which games. Is the draft over yet???
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

I only watched a couple of QB drills at the combine, and Lynch's mechanics and footwork were a little funky. I'm sure that he can be "fixed" with some coaching, but I certainly wouldn't want to over reach for the guy.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know that. I just remember him passing the eye test big time as a freshman. I'm becoming intrigued by your NC State guy.

Comment

Jaws loves him

Which equates to a Smegma restaurant recommendation.
                You know that you'll have projectile shits by the time you get home.
                In Lynch's case, it would just grease the skids for Howie's second trip to the basement cubicle.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I like Brissett more than the locals who go to every NC St game. They're scaring me a little bit. they never talk him up and all exhale deeply before giving a response on how he will fare as a pro.

One guy whose opinion I trust quite a bit doesn't think he will ever be a quality starter.

But, even the guys paid to know are wrong more often than they're right.

Also, since he wasn't one of the 30 guys the dream team brought in for an official visit I'd say it's a long shot he's a candidate to be a eagle.

Comment

Worst draft scenario:

Howie trades out of 8 to 15 To get a 2 back.

Tennessee moves up and grabs a stud (EE, Hargreaves, Stanley, etc)

Howie and Dougie take Tampaxton at 15 and some complete Jagoff in the 2nd round.

Actually, is there any fucking doubt this will happen exactly like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      I watched Lynch a few times: against Temple, against Auburn in a bowl game, and also a little in the combine. Not impressed. Based on what I saw, I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.
                      He was abysmal vs Temple.

Comment

Yeah - my biggest concern is Howie tries to get cute. Obviously anyone can be a bust, but sitting pretty at 8 you are almost guaranteed one of Elliott, Hargreaves or one of the best OL. I'd love to grab a second rounder as much as anyone, but that dramatically increases the discretion at Howie's finger tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          Actually, is there any fucking doubt this will happen exactly like this?
                          I was afraid that it might happen, but not that you've applied your jinxation powers to it, I feel much better about it.

Comment

if you hadn't chased the overly sensitive draft prognosticator TGP away, I'm sure he could tell us exactly who will get drafted.

Comment

Only in the context of how the draft will bend him over a barrel and have its way with him.
                              Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 04-18-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X