No announcement yet.

Typical douche “cheesesteak?” Recomendations request fronlocals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with the John's people. They use spinach rather than rabe. Their pork is the best, and their cheesesteaks are top notch, as well.

I've hit up Phillip's on Passyunk (west of Broad) a few times, and they are consistently pretty good. Sometimes it's easier to stop there when coming in from the airport area, or right after a game, since so many people flood the touristy places.

Comment

Dalessandros is a better cheese steak, but if I'm with my wife and kids I'm going across the street to Chubbys and getting a beer and relaxing without fighting the crowd.

Comment

....beer you say?

Comment

And a table. They used to have Birch Beer for the kids not sure if they still have that. Their chicken cheesesteak is decent and it's hard to fuck up cheese fries.

Comment

Of course this whole conversation is useless unless you actually want to venture out to Roxborough.

Comment

Always get with hot peppers

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Crush me if you want. This is super douchey:

part of our annual trip up is to partake in cheesesteaks from somewhere. We’ve done pats, Geno’s, Jim’s, Tony Luke’s, and some shithole.

What’s next and the best we have overlooked?

diNic’s?
              And boiled peanuts..... punch!!
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Chink's

http://joessteaks.com/

Comment

Drive to Newark, DE and go to Mike's Famous on Chestnut Hill Rd.

Looks like a dump ... great cheesesteak.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Good call

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      LOVE CHINKS. TOP NOTCH. PERFER CHUBBYS OVER DELASSANDROS, BUT LIKE THEM ALSO, STEVES PRINCE OF STEAKS OK. NEVER BEEN IN READING MARKET..... YEA I KNOW, LIVED IN AND AROUND PHILLY MY ENTIRE LIFE. JUST DON'T LIKE DOWNTOWN.
                      SCREW GENOS AND PATS.
                      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-27-2017, 07:45 PM.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I was disappointed with Jim’s on South street but may have had a bad batch. Waited 30 minutes late night (drunk as fuck). Shit they pulled off the grill was so overcooked it could have passed for diced Jerky
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-27-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you’re setting me for a Blue Oyster Club visit

Comment

Claymont Steak Shop in Claymont, DE.

If you are staying near the airport it is not a far drive away. 15-20 min.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cl...!4d-75.4575421
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              I was disappointed with Jim’s on South street but may have had a bad batch. Waited 30 minutes late night (drunk as fuck). Shit they pulled off the grill was so overcooked it could have passed for diced Jerky
                              THAT SUCKS..
                              NEVER TO THAT ONE. NORTHEAST PHILLY STOP FOR ME.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Ya know ... I had one at their satellite in Newark near the U of D and was, frankly, not impressed.

Maybe the original is better or I just happened to get one that wasn't prepared up to snuff, but it was average at best.
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X