6 Year Extension for Romo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
    Didn't realize mediocrity had gotten so expensive. Ridiculous.
    Exactly, but I am guessing this is just simple accounting. We look at it from a football point of view ( Romo is mediocre/average) and it doesn't fit with the contract he just signed

Jerruh and his accountants look at it from a business point of view and when they crunched the numbers, they decided they can sell enough jerseys and fill enough seats to make this deal work out. So they pull the trigger

Romo's pay doesn't match his pay, but the owners are printing cash and the small-brained Dallas fans will line up to buy whatever Jerruh trots out there and he knows it

That's how they can justify giving an average Romo a deal that makes zero sense from a football point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      Sorry, couldn't resist.

So you live in Burlington -- how far from Edgewater?
      Historic Burlington City, next to Edgewater. Takes me 40 minutes to get to the ballparks.

Comment

As is par for this place.....you dipshits have your hater glasses stuffed too far up your ass. If you knew anything about football you would know this deal is fair market value for the chance that Romo gives this team. In two years...this deal will seem like middle of the pack.

The whole playoffs and picks argument completly ignores the fact that it's a team sport. You rely on one guy to bail you out all the time...and they are going to be forced into a mistake. Go ahead and list a SB/playoff winning QB that did not also have either a top notch Oline, Top notch running game or Top nothch D ? 2007 is the only year Romo had a D to rely on....and unfortunatly the coach sucked balls.

So while Romo has absolutly no support(and has run for his life incuring injury after injury) from the rest of the team he's managed to become the alltime NFL 4th ranked passer amongst active QB's and 5th ranked of all time !! Let me say it again...that is ALL TIME/History of the NFL passer rating. How about 3rd in total yards for 2012 with 4,903 ? In 2011 he was the 4th ranked QB in the league behind Bree's, Rogers and Brady.

You muthertruckers would tounge Jerry's asshole to have had Romo as your QB.....and you fuckin know it.

Comment

Originally posted by THEDALLASFUCKINGCOWBOYS View Post

The whole playoffs and picks argument completly ignores the fact that it's a team sport. You rely on one guy to bail you out all the time...and they are going to be forced into a mistake. Go ahead and list a SB/playoff winning QB that did not also have either a top notch Oline, Top notch running game or Top nothch D ? 2007 is the only year Romo had a D to rely on....and unfortunatly the coach sucked balls.
          So your argument is that we cannot name a bad team that won the Super Bowl? Touché!

And because we cannot name a bad team that won a super bowl, its obvious that Tony Romo does not suck...
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-30-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            So your argument is that we cannot name a bad team that won the Super Bowl? Touché!

And because we cannot name a bad team that won a super bowl, its obvious that Tony Romo does not suck...
            You can name bad QB's that do have a ring. You can name average QB's that have a ring. You can lean on one part of your game or another to edge out a win...but you can't have a QB that shoulders it all. It's never happened. Period.

Tell me this....was Barry Sanders a shitty running back ? You know he has the highest negative yards in RB history ? Right ? How many rings and playoff wins did he have ?

Comment

So the cowboys suck - that's what you're saying, right?

Comment

bwahahahaha

Clutch Cargo is more clutch than Tony Choko.

John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

You know, I do believe he did just say that the Cowboys suck balls.

How about that?
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I truly wonder if

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                    or Jerruh just thinks one day Romo will learn to win postseason games?
                    they EVER make it back into the postseason with that loser at QB.

Comment

Please, for the love of god run your shit through a grammar and spell check before you post that much ever again...

"The whole playoffs and picks argument completly ignores the fact that it's a team sport.
                      ....and unfortunatly the coach sucked balls.

So while Romo has absolutly no support"

Get educated cowpoke

Comment

He's too busy fantasizing about "tounging" Jerruh's asshole.

Also....he still types...a post like....he's...Captain Kirk......
                        WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                        - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                        - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

My Wife Works In Edgewater

You ever go to the Amish Market on 130? Their baked beans and broccoli/bacon/cheese salad are out of this world and their wings are FANTASTIC!
                          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Point Of Order

I didn't draft him -- I was late to the first round and he was ASSIGNED to me by the system.

Now that that's out of the way, get fucked, asshole.

I would have called you a poor excuse for a wad of snail slime, but you don't rate that honored insult.
                            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

You can name bad QB's that do have a ring. You can name average QB's that have a ring. You can lean on one part of your game or another to edge out a win...but you can't have a QB that shoulders it all. It's never happened. Period.

Tell me this....was Barry Sanders a shitty running back ? You know he has the highest negative yards in RB history ? Right ? How many rings and playoff wins did he have ?
                              This has to be the worst clueless post in internet history.

Comment

You muthertruckers would tounge Jerry's asshole to have had Romo as your QB.....and you fuckin know it.

No f'ing way bro....stop hittin the pipe! Romo is a loser come playoff time. You know it!

Comment

Working...
                                X