Starting to have a sinking feeling dream team will pick Geno Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    McNabb was an athlete trying to play quarterback. Smith is a quarterback.
    Just not a very good one.

Comment

Shoulda taken Rick Williams!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        IMHO, McNabb's potential and playmaking ability put him head and shoulders above Smith coming out. Smith doesn't have anywhere close to McNabb's play making ability with his feet.
        And Smith is a more accurate passer at 21 than McNabb was his entire career.

Obviously Smith has weaknesses but I think it's absurd for anyone to claim he will definitely be a bust. He throws a nice ball and it's worth taking a chance on him at the cost.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

It really depends on what they want from the qb position. He has had a lot of trouble with ball security, I don't think Smith can run the type of offense that Kelly ran in Oregon with the qb rushing the ball that much. He does have good accuracy and arm strength though.

It may take him a while to get accustomed to not taking snaps from the gun all the time, RG3 was able to use his athleticism to overcome that a little bit and Smith is clearly not the athlete that Griffin is. Smith is probably better suited for a 3-5 step WCO than an offense where he has to run at all.

I wouldn't hate the pick, I'd like to give Kelly time before making assumptions about his draft picks, but #4 might be too high to take him, I'm not sure the drop off from him to "lesser" qb prospects is as great as the value you can add with someone else in the first and adding a qb later.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            The general consensus on this board is if the Eagles aren't getting the next Peyton Manning they should ignore the most important position on the football field until they are lucky enough to obtain the next Peyton Manning.

I don't get it either but the group-think at work here is eerily similar to the illogical rhetoric that led to radio hosts, newspaper articles and rabid fans booing the selection of Donovan McNabb 15 years ago.
            That's not it. It's the value. Say the Eagles finished the season 7-9 or 8-8 last year and would be drafting around 12-15 on merit. In that scenario and Geno Smith was available, then yeah, it might be a good pick. But pick #4, (or 2 as McNabb was) demands a franchise, all-pro, one of the best at his position kind of player. For a while, McNabb was just that. For a while, even Vick was just that. I don't see a consensus that would suggest Geno Smith is that kind of QB.
            Last edited by The Ref; 04-02-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

bump

bwahahahah
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Haha! Geno Smith: CHUMP

Comment

He's got a glass jaw.
                  Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Some hilarious stuff in this thread

That is all
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X