O.T. Fringe Sport; Flyers Beat Caps:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. Fringe Sport; Flyers Beat Caps:

Great comeback from 2 goal deficit in 3rd to tie, and win in OT!
    "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Was an fin awesome game!!

Hopefully this will be the start of the push towards the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
      Was an fin awesome game!!

Hopefully this will be the start of the push towards the playoffs!
      With 4 teams ahead of them for the 8th spot I just don't see it, but anything is possible.

Comment

They're just not a very good team. I didn't like the JVR for Dan McGillis trade and after seeing a lot more of him I know why Toronto moved him. The Flyers have always had a hard on for big, slow, plodding defencemen. He can hit and he can fight its too bad he can't skate.

Comment

I happened to have a Toronto fan sitting next to me at the Phillies/Blue Jays Spring Training game last week and the guy asked me why the Flyers let the Leafs pick their pocket on that one.

He was wondering if they missed something bad about JVR, to which I said most fans I knew didn't like the trade.
          Last edited by slag; 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
            They're just not a very good team. I didn't like the JVR for Dan McGillis trade and after seeing a lot more of him I know why Toronto moved him. The Flyers have always had a hard on for big, slow, plodding defencemen. He can hit and he can fight its too bad he can't skate.
            Hmmm, doing the same thing over and over without it working? Who's talking about the Eagles?
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Was completely against it, JVR has a lot of talent

They thought Couturier would be his replacement I assume, but still a very terrible trade

Comment

JVR is a talent.

But he's also an injury prone floater. He's already been benched a few times in Toronto.

Luck Schenn has a lot of upside and defensemen take longer to develop than forwards.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  But he's also an injury prone floater. He's already been benched a few times in Toronto.

Luck Schenn has a lot of upside and defensemen take longer to develop than forwards.
                  Flyers FO made the right move yet again.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Time will tell.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post

JVR is also maddeningly inconsistent; take, for example, his recent 10 game skid without a goal. He will be a solid player, but I don't see anything special there.

Luke Schenn has his flaws, no question, but at times he has been the best defenseman on the team. I think he will top out as a quality top 4 d-man, but I find it hard to argue with the trade as the Flyers had a surplus of talent at the forward position and the D was hurting something terrible.
                      To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Toronto fan sitting next to me thought Shenn was "eh" and the guy was not some know-nothing blabbermouth ... he struck me as a Canadian national who (as I imagine most of them are) knew more about hockey than me.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Schenn has been logging serious minutes leading the d-men in ice time and hits while JVR is being benched in the 3rd period of games bc he's afraid of a little contact.
                          "No thanks. College coaches suck in the NFL. This isn't 1956." ~ The Ref

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Waters View Post
                            Schenn has been logging serious minutes leading the d-men in ice time and hits while JVR is being benched in the 3rd period of games bc he's afraid of a little contact.

Of course he's getting a lot of Ice time they have no defensemen. Still doesn't' change the fact the guy is the standard Flyers defenseman who can't move his feet and is slow laterally . JVR has far more upside. They only reason they made the trade is become Holmgren fucked up chasing two guys he had little chance of getting, Suter and Weber, instead of signing Mat Carl a guy who wanted to be in Philly. They'd love to have Matt Carle now.

It was a great trade Holmgren is killing it, great job.

Comment

They made the trade a month before they offered Weber a contract and over a week before free agency started. Schenn will be fine. He's still a young kid in a NEW system on a SHITTY team. Look who he has around him, he's being asked to come in his first year and lead a makeshift defense. Matt Carle's price was too high for the turnover machine he is.
                              "No thanks. College coaches suck in the NFL. This isn't 1956." ~ The Ref

Comment

Working...
                              X