Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think the Phils contend all year but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Phils contend all year but...

...even if they suck, its still Phillies beisbol. To me its the soundtrack of spring and summer regardless of the record. I guess (again to me) that's the big difference between the Phils and Eagles.

Anyhow...you gloom and doomers need to remember Hamels' first outing last year. That boy has some good stuff and when he gets focused he's going to prove to be the ace.

And you had to be pleased with Utley. Howard will be Howard if he stays healthy. Lee will be Lee. Chooch will be Chooch when we get him back. The bullpen's going to be much better.

To me a lot hinges on Brown...if he can be close to what he was in spring, then no worries.

If not, its still warm weather and the crack of the bat.
    Last edited by Irish George; 04-02-2013, 07:06 AM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Cease and desist

You may not use the beisbol as being the soundtrack of spring and summer alliteration without my expressed written consent.

Comment

Cubs 1-0

just sayin'.....

Comment

I may be one of the few who was encouraged by last night's game. The lineup looked OK. Howard was Howard.

Last night was all about Hamels, and he's going to have those kinds of games. Always has. He'll be fine, and I'm starting to think the rest of the team will be too, ESPECIALLY if we get that Chase Utley all season.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          I may be one of the few who was encouraged by last night's game. The lineup looked OK. Howard was Howard.

Last night was all about Hamels, and he's going to have those kinds of games. Always has. He'll be fine, and I'm starting to think the rest of the team will be too, ESPECIALLY if we get that Chase Utley all season.
          The Braves are stacked with so many great right handed bats they were especially well-suited for making hamels' first outing rough. Phils are still a corner outfielder short of a complete team but there's a lot of talent here, enough to keep things interesting this summer.

Comment

Yeah, Howard was Howard, and that's the problem.

The guy needs to learn to wait for pitches and at the very least make contact.

He's had a few key hits over the years so everyone gives him a pass. I think if he keeps up like he did last night, i'm on the wagon to get his ass outta the 4th spot.

Comment

Washington in a laugher. Phillies Braves contend for wild card.

Comment

Working...
              X