Opening Neurological Pathways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Neurological Pathways

The changes extend beyond pace — special teams coach Dave Fipp is opening “neurological pathways” with rap music during morning meetings — and sound like the polar opposite of life under Andy Reid.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mpo-in-philly/

Sounds like what I do when listening to rap and smoking pot.

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
    and smoking pot.
    What an excellent idea !
    And its still early enough for a wake and bake here on the left coast

Comment

Prediction: Maniac's gonna LOVE this!
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

No surprise. High School Harry at it again.

Must annoy the shtt out of the players who dont like rap.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          No surprise. High School Harry at it again.

It's not like other places of business play music in common areas. Except for department stores, office buildings, professional sports arenas, etc.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            It's not like other places of business play music in common areas. Except for department stores, office buildings, professional sports arenas, etc.
            Lousy comparison but I credit your persistence at being a 24/7 douchebag.

Comment

Lousy comparison but I credit your persistence at being a 24/7 douchebag.
              Keep referencing back to Buddy Ryan aka King of the Assholes who was anything but professional when trying to discuss how these pro athletes should be treated.

I guess putting bounties on players is how the pro's do it. Put some cash money on the line rather than this childish motivation bullshit.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

hah! is this TGP, 3I, or my handle?

FlyFromTheInside says:
                Apr 4, 2013 5:46 PM

Dream Team

38 likes 149 dislikes

Rate This

Comment

No, it's an excellent comparison ... as I would think you'd know, assuming you've gone into the stadium early for an Eagles game and listened to what's on the PA system during pregame warmup.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

With the youth on this team, and the way that rap has crossed all racial and economic lines, I think you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone on the team who has the shit annoyed out of them by this.

Not to mention, they play rap in the locker room all week, even when Reid was coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      With the youth on this team, and the way that rap has crossed all racial and economic lines, I think you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone on the team who has the shit annoyed out of them by this.

Not to mention, they play rap in the locker room all week, even when Reid was coach.
                      Maybe, because they used to all sit together in the locker room and listen to rap music, this is a way to bridge the change. Now, since they can only all sit together in the meeting rooms, the rap music will make it feel familiar.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        No, it's an excellent comparison ... as I would think you'd know, assuming you've gone into the stadium early for an Eagles game and listened to what's on the PA system during pregame warmup.
                        I'd expect a lawyer to know the difference between an employee and a customer.

The Eagles play the pregame music for the fans. Im not going to claim none of the players like it but you cant claim none of the players don't.

Lousy comparison and a dumb discussion at the point to boot. Good luck to High School Harry working on the players neurological paths.

Comment

The Eagles play the pregame music for the fans. Im not going to claim none of the players like it but you cant claim none of the players don't.

Lousy comparison and a dumb discussion at the point to boot. Good luck to High School Harry working on the players neurological paths.
                          The concept of using music to enhance or direct a meeting in a professional setting escapes you? You know that music (sometimes video clips too!) is often used as a part of presentations and seminars to draw focus to the topic, enhance the experience, etc.

Being professional doesn't require mundane filing in and filing out of meetings without external stimuli of any kind to enhance and improve production. To imply that it's a "childish" method is ridiculous, naive and long outdated.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

I'll also point out the open work space concept, in which offices and even cubicles are avoided so that there is more interaction within an office of varying ideas and people. It could be considered analogous to mixing up the locker room for a professional sports team. It doesn't prevent direct interaction on an as needed basis but it does promote interaction that may otherwise not be as common.

But you and Frank can keep pretending these concepts are just for kids.
                            Last edited by TerpEagle; 04-05-2013, 04:21 PM.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Oooh ... the lawyer card.

A lawyer would know better?

Why the fuck is that?

The only thing you got right here is that criticizing the coach, based on speculation that some small segment of the players might not like rap music is about as dumb a discussion as one can start.

The comparison remains valid, to the extent music is played in certain venues by considering the listeners.

The only people who are definitely going to be listening to the music in the stadium before the game are the players who are warming up.

The vast majority of the fans don't come in until later.

And the music is predominantly hip hop/rap.

EDITED TO ADD: You think the majority of the Eagle fan base is grooving to JayZ or Dr. Dre on the way to and from the game?
                              Last edited by slag; 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X