Kinda cool that Desean's return...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda cool that Desean's return...

...the walk off punt return is still in the running for the Greatest Play in NFL History over on the league's website. Made the final four.

To me, the greatest plays would also have to be those with the greatest consequences, so playoff plays would trump anything else.

Nonetheless, it got me thinking of the greatest plays in Eagles history. I'd suggest a lot of them would involve Randall.

His MNF TD pass to Giles when he looked like Gumby rates up there.
    Donovan making a skins player look stupid on a juke his rookie year is up there.
    Desean's Punt return
    Westbrook's game winning punt return also against the Giants
    And I remember one Reggie White play where he sacked a Redskins QB, took the ball away and ran about 70 yards for a TD.

But to me the greatest play was Wilbert's long TD run against the Cowboys in the NFCCG. You just knew it was the Iggs day after that play even though it was relatively early in the game.

I was too young to appreciate any of the Bednarik plays but I suspect for some his hit on Gifford was the best.
    Or Van Buren's championship TD run in the snow?

What am I forgetting? a lot, i realize.
    Last edited by The Ref; 04-06-2013, 01:40 PM.

Miracle In the Meadowlands

Herman Edwards style.

Comment

4th & 26

westbrook made a lot of great plays 06-08. the screen passes that he took for TDs in those years were amazing. the game winner against the vikings in the playoffs, the game winner against the skins in 07, and unfortunately, the one that was most impressive imo ultimately didn't matter, because our defense folded and matt bryant hit a 62 yarder at the end of the game.

he almost made a play equally as amazing as his punt return against the giants, when it looked like he was taking a punt return against the seahawks to the house. he ran out of gas towards the end(60+ yard return i think), then AJ mcfeeley threw his 3rd INT of the day to tatupu.

Comment

Concrete Charlie's Hit On Gifford WAS Awesome...

...however for the one single play that meant the most to the team and the fans, Chuck making the tackle on Jim Taylor and sitting on him until the clock expired in the 1960 championship game trumps the Gifford hit.

"OK, now you can get up!"

Classic Bednarik!
        "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

It's actually in the Final Round now

Desean's return vs Steve Young's long bumbling, stumbling TD run.

http://www.nfl.com/bracketologyround6

As great as it was, no way either of those plays were the greatest in NFL history. Surprised Jackson's getting this much love. He's currently leading Young. It must be generational. Old farts don't give a shit about these time wasters.

Comment

McNabb's fifteen second scramble

and long pass to FredEx against the Cowbitches ranks up there as well.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
              Desean's return vs Steve Young's long bumbling, stumbling TD run.

http://www.nfl.com/bracketologyround6

As great as it was, no way either of those plays were the greatest in NFL history. Surprised Jackson's getting this much love. He's currently leading Young. It must be generational. Old farts don't give a shit about these time wasters.
              I voted for DJacc.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The end of that play

still gives me anxiety even though I know the outcome. Get in the fucking end zone!

Comment

Working...
                X