Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong

You win championships with DEFENSE.

You have the number 4 pick you take the most dominating player on defense at a position of need because the chances of that player making an immediate and difference-making impact as a rookie are about 100 times better than with any offensive lineman.

Your stud offensive lineman won't mean shit if the other four guys suck and I don't care who he is, but one superstar defensive player can change the complexion of the whole unit.

If I'm making this pick I take the biggest, baddest linebacker out there.
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

So, a stud LB who can rush the passer, get off blocks and make tackles at the line of scrimmage? Sounds to me like you're saying you win championships in the trenches...wonder where I've read that before
      Last edited by Sect 236; 04-08-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Wrong Again

By definition, "the trench" in football is the area between the offensive and defensive line. Linebackers play BEHIND the trenches.

The fact he comes up to make tackles at the line does not mean he plays "in the trenches" any more than tackling a running back behind the line would make him a member of the backfield, or chasing a receiver down from behind 20 yards behind the defensive line makes him a defensive back.

Comment

You're unreal.

You take your Mark Simoneau making tackles behind the trenches, I'll take my Ray Lewis making tackles in the trenches.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Be My Guest

But he does NOT play a position that is IN THE TRENCHES. Period.

Comment

Technically, no, he does not line up in the trenches, but if he's making more plays behind the trenches than in them, then he's not a STUD LB.

Also, a lot of a LB's success is predicated on the DL eating up blockers and keeping the LB clean and free to make plays, so that adds another tally to the "Win in the Trenches" column.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                You win championships with DEFENSE.
                One of the 10 biggest myths of all time. Always was.

Here, Kelly Green. Read this debunker. I know you will.

http://www.nfl.com/features/freakonomics/episode-15

Or this one which shows that elite offenses historically beat elite defenses.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008...pionships.html

Comment

Working...
                X