Anybody seen 42 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen 42 yet?

Not getting across the board glowing reviews. More like a solid double than a home run from what I've read. Like to hear an opinion of someone who actually saw it.

Yes, almost 13 years ago. It wasn't that bad
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Saw it last night. It was decent but not great. Definitely a solid double but not a homerun. Thought it was slow at some parts and they were reaching for humor. But overall it got the point across of what Robinson went through and its cool to see some of the historical references.
      "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Comment

Very good, not great......

They didn't have enough baseball in the movie. The greatest thing about Jackie's rookie year is the worse it got, the better he played. They really didn't give a good sense of how good he was that year.

Comment

So it's looking like a redbox rental in a few months.

Comment

CGI effects re-create long-gone stadiums

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            Not getting across the board glowing reviews. More like a solid double than a home run from what I've read. Like to hear an opinion of someone who actually saw it.
            From what I've heard, Shibe Park (Co0nnoe Mack Stadium), P;o Gorunds, ebbets Field, Forbes Field and Crosley field are amazingly depicted.

Not a big fan of CGI stuff normally, but seeing Connie Mack like that on the big screen might make it worth seeing in a theatre for me.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Saw my first baseball game at Connie Mack.

All that shit about the first time you see the grass and marvel at the green-ness was actually true for Little League Slag.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Connie Mack Stadium = Center Field

My first game was against the Pirates. Harry Anderson was my favorite player, dad got tickets down the left field line.

Harry made an amazing, leaping catch against the advertising signs to rob Bob Skinner of a home run, but the first impression I will never forget is walking up the ramp and staring directly at that huge center field -- the greenest grass I had ever seen. 447 feet from home plate.

Unforgettable.
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

I heard it didn't even mention the part where he endorsed and campaigned for Richard Nixon over Kennedy.

Comment

Your old man pay for someone to guard the car?
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                    X