Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does out resident draft EXPERT Hordel think about the Eagles and the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does out resident draft EXPERT Hordel think about the Eagles and the draft?

hmmm
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

http://www.nfldraftcentral.com/contactus.html

Ask him: @ChrisHorwedel

Bwah - look at the 2014 "Expert" mock draft on that sight. I guess they aren't anticipating instant success for the Chipper!
    Last edited by Bardy; 04-17-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Ha I would say the same thing you guys would. From an Eagles perspective this is the hardest draft to gauge in recent memory. Could be Star, Jordan, Fisher, Floyd, etc... It just depends on what Chip wants to do. There's no Chip Kelly drafting track record to go on.

We did cancel a workout with Dee Milliner which I found interesting. I liked both the Fletcher and Williams signings, but neither screams #1 shut down CB to me. I guess they don't think Dee is either.

I want nothing to do with Geno and for those of you who dislike him, I wouldn't worry to much about Manuel being the pick in 2. I have a sneaking feeling that he goes a lot higher than people expect him to. I'm thinking he's this year's Gabbert or Ponder position wise.

Personally I'd look to trade down a little bit and grab whoever falls or Warmack.
      Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
      www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

The 2014 mock draft is a joke.

They have the Bills in the number one spot, and he talks about the Vikings making the pick.

In 2013 they have Jacksonville taking Geno, and the 2014 draft has the Jags taking Johnny Manziel. Guh?
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I think by definition the 2014 mock draft is stupid. I'm captain of the mock's are pointless wastes of time bandwagon. They're only there because people seem to be fascinated with them for whatever reason.

You're correct on the first point, that was clearly not changed after the last update. As for the Jags, who cares. Honestly. It's a 2014 mock draft. But it's like that because the 2013 mock changed after the 14'.

In summation, who cares. Mocks are pointless.
          Check out our sports blog Deep(ish) Thoughts
          www.deepishthoughts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hordel View Post
            Ha I would say the same thing you guys would. From an Eagles perspective this is the hardest draft to gauge in recent memory. Could be Star, Jordan, Fisher, Floyd, etc... It just depends on what Chip wants to do. There's no Chip Kelly drafting track record to go on.

We did cancel a workout with Dee Milliner which I found interesting. I liked both the Fletcher and Williams signings, but neither screams #1 shut down CB to me. I guess they don't think Dee is either.

I want nothing to do with Geno and for those of you who dislike him, I wouldn't worry to much about Manuel being the pick in 2. I have a sneaking feeling that he goes a lot higher than people expect him to. I'm thinking he's this year's Gabbert or Ponder position wise.

Personally I'd look to trade down a little bit and grab whoever falls or Warmack.
            Ah maybe you look at what Chip has done. Jenkins and Patterson gone - Do you think we might have a shortage of DT maybe ? Big guys that beat up on smaller guys -- I think they look to get Star or Floyd - and someone like Jenkins if they can get an extra pick somehow in the second round-- that would set the D line for years.

Do you really think Manuel goes around 10 or 12? Please tell me to which team. Way I see it if Jags and Raiders dont pick Smith - he goes to one of the four teams MAYBE

-Cleveland dont see either Smith or Barkley the ones they looked at going there. Weeden gets another year if Millner there they take him if not try trade down.

Arizona I see Barkley or Nassib as best fits but not in the first round they wait till the second round and they have Palmer there so the need isnt that great.

Buffalo i think they try to get a qb and this could be a serious trade partner for the Eagles, but i really think they try and wait for the second round and I also see Smith, Barkley or Nassib fitting what they are going to do best and being ready quicker out of the box.

I still think Foles makes more sense for the Jets for 3rd round pick than Smith or the others for a 1st round pick. Foles has worked in the WC Marty is going to install.

Now tell which team after the Bills in the first round is drafting a qb please? -- I see Manuel going the top of the second round. Maybe Jags or Oakland like him and eagles might want to move back to lower first round to secure him.

Maybe you are thinking one of these teams drops back and takes a qb. That is a possibility. The draft is a giant game of poker at this point. The bs is flying. I think you look more at what teams have and did before the draft to guess what they do in the draft.
            Last edited by iowaigglefan; 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X