Website 4chan seems to have identified the bombers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    As far as media coverage goes, I think Deadspin has done a pretty good job on this story.

They were up to date with information (pictures/video) as they received it and have tried to stem or point out how poorly the rest of the media has been at speculation and incorrectly "scooping" the story.
    With publishing that cover, in my mind the NY Post has regained the lead over CNN in the bad journalism race regarding this incident.

However CNN still gets the Marcus Hayes award for owning two contradictory versions of the same story.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

As far as media coverage goes, I think Deadspin has done a pretty good job on this story.

They were up to date with information (pictures/video) as they received it and have tried to stem or point out how poorly the rest of the media has been at speculation and incorrectly "scooping" the story.
      And on the other hand - the Post has been fucking atrocious.

If Big Little wants to see some sort of punishment for poor reporting a possible lawsuit by these kids could be it.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        With publishing that cover, in my mind the NY Post has regained the lead over CNN in the bad journalism race regarding this incident.

However CNN still gets the Marcus Hayes award for owning two contradictory versions of the same story.
        http://gawker.com/5994999/is-the-new...who-fucks-pigs

---
        It does seem clear, based on the flow of images and facts through Internet and the media yesterday, that the New York Post found itself sewed to the far end of an informational Human Centipede—evidently beginning with a crowd photo published on Deadspin, passing through Reddit and 4chan and Reddit and Reddit, being passed on to the investigators actively working the Boston case, then trickling through gossip-mongering New York law-enforcement officials, till it flowed over Col Allan's taste buds.

But we are not drawing any conclusions about that. Perhaps Col Allan and the New York Post are having an incredibly unlucky week. Perhaps the worthlessness of every single scoop the Post has had—its inability even to get the body count straight—does not prove that the editor is a booze-addled, race-baiting, information-illiterate moron who has neither the common sense nor the journalistic skills to avoid repeatedly humiliating his newspaper.

We would not say that, any more than we would say that Col Allan fucks pigs. He is from Australia; if he were to engage in bestiality, it's much more likely that it would be with sheep. But we are not saying Col Allan fucks sheep, either. It could be that Col Allan fucks pigs or sheep. We do not know. It would be irresponsible to speculate.
        ---
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

And on the other hand - the Post has been fucking atrocious.

If Big Little wants to see some sort of punishment for poor reporting a possible lawsuit by these kids could be it.
          Also, doesn't the photographer own the copyright to that photo? Doesn't the NY Post need his permission to use that photo for their cover?
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I noticed last night that the 4chan site had a picture of the kid in blue with a caption stating that he no longer had the bag on. However it looked pretty clear to me that you could see the strap pressing down on his shoulder.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
            X